| FTBL Tide looking at Cardwell at center, Caldwell at guard

With Marlon Davis missing a few days of practice due to a death in his family the staff may have stumbled onto something here. It gave Cardwell a chance to get more reps in practice for one. Secondly, with having two centers on the line it presented the opportunity to move Caldwell back to a guard spot.

Caldwell has had some trouble snapping the ball in the shotgun formation and there exist the possibility that Cardwell, since given the chance, has stepped up and proven himself as a more reliable center in those situations.

It'll be something to keep an eye out on this weekend...the shotgun formations with Caldwell at Center. If it goes well, translating into a more at ease QB, this could be a permanent move.

TerryP said:
With Marlon Davis missing a few days of practice due to a death in his family the staff may have stumbled onto something here. It gave Cardwell a chance to get more reps in practice for one. Secondly, with having two centers on the line it presented the opportunity to move Caldwell back to a guard spot.

Caldwell has had some trouble snapping the ball in the shotgun formation and there exist the possibility that Cardwell, since given the chance, has stepped up and proven himself as a more reliable center in those situations.

It'll be something to keep an eye out on this weekend...the shotgun formations with Caldwell at Center. If it goes well, translating into a more at ease QB, this could be a permanent move.

Could be a solid move. The snaps definitely looked better in the Houston game...didn't help JPW much. :D Every little bit counts I guess.

Bones82 said:
TerryP said:

Could be a solid move. The snaps definitely looked better in the Houston game...didn't help JPW much. :D Every little bit counts I guess.

Can't get those JPW hating sunglasses off, can ya? :lol:

With Britt dealing with his Mom's accident and hospitalization this week we'll see the same thing this week.

I can't help but think about Smith and Caldwell pulling with Grant running around the R side...or heck, over the left. But, gut tells me we'll see a "explosive play" over the right side with those guys pulling.

TerryP said:
Bones82 said:
TerryP said:

Can't get those JPW hating sunglasses off, can ya? :lol:

With Britt dealing with his Mom's accident and hospitalization this week we'll see the same thing this week.

I can't help but think about Smith and Caldwell pulling with Grant running around the R side...or heck, over the left. But, gut tells me we'll see a "explosive play" over the right side with those guys pulling.

I was thinking the same thing TerryJPW. They should pull those two and roll the competition.

Back
Top Bottom