| FTBL Thoughts on other games today...

TerryP

Staff
I'm not a fan of Miami, or of Florida for that matter, but I feel for Robert Marve this morning. Redshirt freshman, first start of his career, coming in Ben Griffin Stadium, at night.

If you have your local bookie on speed dial, find your phone immediately. I caught this one Monday when the lines started coming out and thought, "no way!"

OU -19.5 over Cincy.

East Carolina got the "love" last weekend with their upset of Va. Tech. I won't touch the line on this one (E. Carolina +8 ) but I don't see WVU feeling the least bit of gratuitous love today.

Games of interest today? We've discussed Southern Miss vs Auburn on this forum. That intrigues me because I am looking forward to see the progress of their passing game down there.

But, the game that really peaks my interest is Ole Miss visiting Wake Forest. Wake is favored by just over a TD and I think they'll beat that spread but I really want to see how they respond to Ole Miss when they run the ball.

Why?

Because another game I'm very interested in is Ga. Tech vs Boston College. This is the game I look at and wonder if it is our upset of the day. Ga. Tech, granted it was against Jax St., looked very good in week one. Everyone talks of Johnson's triple option attack but the fact is they only ran the triple option 7x last week.

IF Ga. Tech comes out of this with an upset of BC, Wake is going to have their hands full if they show they can't handle Ole Miss running the ball.

Notice to Clemson: The Jackets will line up and run at you...until you prove you can stop a physical running attack.

Assuming Arkansas wins at ULM today, and then manages to hang with Texas for awhile next week, how hyped up do you think their fan base will be going into week 4?

The "no defense" selection of the day goes to Tx Tech vs Nevada. Over/under is at 69 this morning and that might be low...but, I'm not putting any $ on it.

I've got 5 games this weekend.

I took Vandy Thursday night when they were 10.5 dogs to South Carolina.

Today's games are...

Michigan -10 vs Miami
(OH) = Michigan and the points.
UCONN -7 vs Temple = UConn and the points (shaky on whether I should have stepped out on this one...but what's done, is done.)
Ga Tech +7.5 vs BC = based on what I saw last week I'd take GT to beat the spread.
Cincy +22.5 vs Oklahoma = OU straight up. (notice I mentioned earlier the spread today is Cincy +19.5...a lot have picked OU to beat that spread since Weds)

rick4bama said:
;scr What other games are you talking about TerryP?

Some pretty good early games on today Rick. Those who are ranked have had to buckle down when they came out coasting (Ohio State and Wisconsin did early.)

Good day of football so far.

reger60 said:
Georgia Tech toughed out a pretty nice road win.

I'm telling ya. After watching them last week and then winning at BC those folks in the ACC need to be paying attention to the Jackets. I see them as having as good of a chance right now to represent their division in their ACCC as the other favorite in the Coastal Division, Va Tech. Besides the Hokies, they'll have to face NC and Miami. Seems like they could easily be considered in the drivers seat in their division and they still don't have their running game fully implemented.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:

I'm telling ya. After watching them last week and then winning at BC those folks in the ACC need to be paying attention to the Jackets. I see them as having as good of a chance right now to represent their division in their ACCC as the other favorite in the Coastal Division, Va Tech. Besides the Hokies, they'll have to face NC and Miami. Seems like they could easily be considered in the drivers seat in their division and they still don't have their running game fully implemented.

You gotta watch Georgia Tech, though. They're streaky. A couple of season's ago, They got off to a quick start and I though Gailey finally had them on the right track. Of course, we all know how that worked out.

Where does Georgia Tech do most of their recruiting? Atlanta?

reger60 said:
TerryP said:
reger60 said:

You gotta watch Georgia Tech, though. They're streaky. A couple of season's ago, They got off to a quick start and I though Gailey finally had them on the right track. Of course, we all know how that worked out.

Where does Georgia Tech do most of their recruiting? Atlanta?

I've never been a real big fan, or really impressed, with Chan Gailey.

Probably 70% of their roster is from N. Georgia but they do pull kids from all over the states due to the educational aspects.

With Johnson, they'll do a lot better in Georgia because he's already a known commodity from his days coaching (and winning) at Georgia Southern.

Add to that, with him running the triple option he'll be able to offer some QB's, as example, the chance to play QB when other SEC schools would offer as an athlete.

I suspect he'll be able to pull in more athletes than RichRod did at WVU.

Ole Miss people are more upbeat than they have been since Eli graduated. Wake will be something of a measuring stick for the Rebs.

TerryP said:
rick4bama said:
;scr What other games are you talking about TerryP?

Some pretty good early games on today Rick. Those who are ranked have had to buckle down when they came out coasting (Ohio State and Wisconsin did early.)

Good day of football so far.
Again, I will ask what others games are you talking about??? The only game I hearing about is the Tulane and Alabama game. OH!! You talking about all those warn up games to watch before the Bama game come on. :D

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think AU is not a top ten team. Great D-line, questionable secondary. Offense seems, awkward.

Ohio State is another that looks to have a too high ranking.

USC, Okla, and possibly UGA look like champs. I think we see some big changes in the rest of the rankings before the next 2 weeks are over.

ECU is up 10-0 on #8 W. Virginia. i hope they pull the upset, that can do nothing but help us if we keep it together tonight.

how about Ole Miss giving Wake Forest all they can handle plus some? 14-10 Ole Miss in the 2nd qtr

runswithscissors said:
ECU is up 10-0 on #8 W. Virginia. i hope they pull the upset, that can do nothing but help us if we keep it together tonight.

how about Ole Miss giving Wake Forest all they can handle plus some? 14-10 Ole Miss in the 2nd qtr

I'm in the Rebel corner today. No other reason than to watch and listen to the continued talk of the ACC and how "good" they are this year. ^^sar

Ole Miss isn't surprising me. They are pretty good now and will only get better when they get Greg Hardy back in the rotation.

BamaHeat said:
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think AU is not a top ten team. Great D-line, questionable secondary. Offense seems, awkward.

Ohio State is another that looks to have a too high ranking.

USC, Okla, and possibly UGA look like champs. I think we see some big changes in the rest of the rankings before the next 2 weeks are over.
AU will be exposed when they get to their SEC schedule. they have a good defense, but their offense is nothing to be excited about. it was so incredibly hyped in the offseason and they have not shown anything except a Borges style offense so far. their passing game looked better today with Todd in, but if they turned in a performance such as today's against an SEC caliber team, it would have been a loss. don't get me wrong, USM is a good team and i didn't expect AU to beat them by more than two TD. however, AU SHOULD have been able to beat them by more. USM shot themselves in the foot alot today, and had some bad fundamentals in the second half.

Cincy is giving OU all they can handle. OU doesn't seem like thay are playign very hard.

The Barn didn't look good at all on offense I didn't think. When they start the SEC season they're going to get exposed. They're passing game is something to be desired of.

I don't like Miami or Florida, but I think that game will be closer than people expect. I like the idea of aliens abducting both teams.

Cory

reger60 said:
Now that was a beautiful TD pass for Wake. Skinner is a pretty good QB.

True. Good ball game.

I was looking over Wake's seating chart and season tickets are more expensive to sit on the grass in the end zone than they are to sit in the stands. Granted, it's not including donations and I didn't look into that in any detail...

TerryP said:
reger60 said:
Now that was a beautiful TD pass for Wake. Skinner is a pretty good QB.

True. Good ball game.

I was looking over Wake's seating chart and season tickets are more expensive to sit on the grass in the end zone than they are to sit in the stands. Granted, it's not including donations and I didn't look into that in any detail...

It looks like a pretty nice stadium. My mom and dad live in Winston/Salem. I'm going to be over there in November. I'm going to check with my dad and see if he can score some tickets to a game. He's one of those guys that everybody owes a favor.

Back
Top Bottom