| FTBL This is so cool! Check out this photo

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I thought it was a mouth piece too!
Have you guys noticed that in both of our games our Defense has knocked off about 5 opposing players helmets per game?. Seems our tackling is getting a bit more intense.

kudzu said:
I thought it was a mouth piece too!
Have you guys noticed that in both of our games our Defense has knocked off about 5 opposing players helmets per game?. Seems our tackling is getting a bit more intense.

LOL Yep! I thought they might have a contest going or something... :lol:

"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them. Their effort, their toughness, relentless resiliency, go out every play and focus, play the next day, compete for 60 minutes in the game, I can't handle that.’ That's the kind of football team we want. Now, that takes a lot of conditioning, a lot of preparation, and it takes a mindset you're going to play for 60 minutes in the game regardless of what the scoreboard says. You're going to compete that way throughout the game." ---Nick Saban

volstink said:
I saw this live during the game! How cool! They actually did a replay on the play but never noticed it. I thought it was a mouth piece being ejected.

Awesome!

Yep, I actually thought it was a mouthpiece on the initial hit. During the replay, I realized that it wasn't and thought it must have been an ear pad from the helmet, especially when no one went over to pick it up.

Cool photo, indeed.

RollTideRandy said:
"What kind of football team do we want to have here? We want to be a big, physical, aggressive football team that is relentless in the competitive spirit we go out and play with week in and week out. What I would like for every football team to do that we play is to sit there and say, ‘I hate playing against these guys. I hate playing them. Their effort, their toughness, relentless resiliency, go out every play and focus, play the next day, compete for 60 minutes in the game, I can't handle that.’ That's the kind of football team we want. Now, that takes a lot of conditioning, a lot of preparation, and it takes a mindset you're going to play for 60 minutes in the game regardless of what the scoreboard says. You're going to compete that way throughout the game." ---Nick Saban

Do y'all believe in reincarnation? :shock: :D

CrimsonPirate said:
RollTideRandy said:

Do y'all believe in reincarnation? :shock: :D
Thought the same thing too. But not only the defence is hitting. But look at some of the hits on Offence. I'm not talking about the line either.

I know what you mean, Rick. The receivers are doing an awesome job of blocking down field this year. But, I think the best example of how physical our receivers have gotten came in the Western Carolina game when DJ ran back and layed a block to protect JPW. That hit rattled my teeth. :D

Back
Top Bottom