| FTBL This is new.

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
Those are the very reasons that Saban spoke of and why he is coaching college again. It's stories like this, that make you happy not only as a fan of UA, but for Arenas that he didn't waste the opportunity of free education. ;tr

What a blow this would have been. I mean like a kick to the gut. :shock: I'm so glad for him and us that he didn't quit. Why in the world did he go through such a funk with all his talent?

BamaDelta said:
What a blow this would have been. I mean like a kick to the gut. :shock: I'm so glad for him and us that he didn't quit. Why in the world did he go through such a funk with all his talent?

I would imagine it would be his height. That is the one thing you can't teach and it makes it hard to go Pro. Granted if he proves good enough he could make it in the NFL as a special teamer, but there is no telling what kind of tricks his mind was playing on him with the practices and the heat wearing on him. Probably just a sho nuff gut check to make sure his heart and head were together.

"I know he's been around it for many, many years," Arenas said. "He's seen a lot of situations like that. He told me I would regret it. … [What Saban said] wasn't even about playing football. It was about academics and a great opportunity in my life. I couldn't let that go."

This is what I like to hear the most.......a free education and an opportunity to play for the University of Alabama.

I look at the Tyrone Prothro situation like this as well. His injury was a terrible blow to the team and his football career, but he is currently receiving an education and that is something that no one can take from him. Knowing Pro's family's financial situation, it's unlikely that he could have gotten a degree any other way.

I'm glad he decided to stay. He is one of my favorites. He is known as the "return man", but he's working his way up the depth chart at defensive back too. He's a talented player, especially when you consider his age.

Back
Top Bottom