| FTBL This beats all I ever saw

T

TWBama

"But I would welcome anybody come and tell us something we're doing incorrectly so we can correct it. Nobody wants to take anybody's dignity away. And we certainly don't want to do anything that hurts our players. Our program is to help and support our players."

"I asked Jimmy before he left if he had any issues with the program or how he was treated or anything about being at the University of Alabama, and he said absolutely not," Saban said. "So I don't know where that came from.

http://www.al.com/huntsvilletimes/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1181899122122200.xml&coll=1

TrojanTiger13 said:
And Saban and ua just got pulled through the mud by Jim Rome.

I don't put a lot of stock in anything Rome says. He's the classic "big man from behind the keyboard" type that wouldn't have the balls to say half the things he does to people to their face.

Keep in mind that Jim Rome is the guy that got beat up by Jim Everett on national television during his own show. I can only imagine what Nick Saban would do to him.

TrojanTiger13 said:

LOL ,since when does anybody take stock in anything that piece of sh!t says?
Can't you do better than that?

I saw the piece by Rome. He really didn't have all his facts straight and came across as childish as ever. His parting shot was "enjoy the ride Tide fans until 2009 when Saban leaves to become head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

Maybe Applewhite will be ready by then... :wink:

A lot of the Atlanta Sports Radio guys have been pretty harsh towards Saban since day one and even they are on the side of Bama and Saban on this one. I don't think it's anything to get to ruffled about.

Denny Chimes said:
I saw the piece by Rome. He really didn't have all his facts straight and came across as childish as ever. His parting shot was "enjoy the ride Tide fans until 2009 when Saban leaves to become head coach of the Dallas Cowboys."

Yeah, but you know Rome isn't payed to have his facts straight either. He's strictly an entertainer like most of the rest of them on ESPN. These people have not concerned themselves with reporting the facts in a long long time.

Denny Chimes said:

That Cowboy's line was pretty funny though, u have 2 admit. Even if we're on the recieving end of that joke, it's still pretty friggin funny.

porkchop said:
TrojanTiger13 said:

I don't put a lot of stock in anything Rome says. He's the classic "big man from behind the keyboard" type that wouldn't have the balls to say half the things he does to people to their face.

Keep in mind that Jim Rome is the guy that got beat up by Jim Everett on national television during his own show. I can only imagine what Nick Saban would do to him.

And this is the only reason Jim Rome got big to boot. Ridiculous.

screw jim rome and the rest of those espn jackass's. maybe he will have saban on his show and he will pull an everett piece, cause you know chuck norris learned all his moves from saban

Rome is over the top but I kind of like him. He's very different from the rest of his family at ESPN because he makes things uncomfortable. Most of the time it's a love fest on ESPN, unless they don't like you for some reason. I can hardly watch Sportscenter anymore.

The Saban piece made me laugh but Ol' Nick's reputation DOES precede him. I hope he stays long enough to rebuild things, win a few championships etc. But I've learned not to drink the Kool-Aid. I support the University of Alabama (and the Dallas Cowboys :wink: ) whoever the coach may be.

BTW, who is recruiting these barners to post here? Inquiring minds want to know. :?

This is great news....

the more bad press Coach Saban and Bama gets, the more motivated they will be to prove them wrong. The more people say that Coach Saban is leaving Bama, the more likely he will NOT leave Bama, just to prove them wrong...

I do not think Coach Saban will EVER go back to the NFL. 8)

TrojanTiger13 said:

I saw that, but it did nothing but make me laugh.

When you close with "Saban will be leaving for the Cowboys job in 09'"..you basically know nothing about Nick Saban or the reasons he came to 'Bama. :lol:

Denny Chimes said:
The Saban piece made me laugh but Ol' Nick's reputation DOES precede him. I hope he stays long enough to rebuild things, win a few championships etc. But I've learned not to drink the Kool-Aid. I support the University of Alabama (and the Dallas Cowboys :wink: ) whoever the coach may be.

BTW, who is recruiting these barners to post here? Inquiring minds want to know. :?

As many of us on here believe the University of Alabama is bigger than any one man. Yes, even Nick Saban (even though I'd love for him to stay a long time) :wink: .

And that recruiting question....well, we certainly know who is NOT involved in that. :D

Back
Top Bottom