| OT There are only 4 occasions you can refer to your college team as “we”:

And the thing to.... is there are plenty of players, professers, employees that don't truly have the love for bama that some fans do

Me. I have been a fan since before BEAR. I am pure blood 100% BAMA
As a boy i cried when they lost. Wore Bama shirts in VN. Took kids. Grankids. Great gran kids to games. Listen to games on skip signals on AM radio for hours
Sat with my dad and listened to bama football. On n on
If i aint a "we" then who is

You qualify as a season ticket holder and donor it says.

And the thing to.... is there are plenty of players, professers, employees that don't truly have the love for bama that some fans do

Me. I have been a fan since before BEAR. I am pure blood 100% BAMA
As a boy i cried when they lost. Wore Bama shirts in VN. Took kids. Grankids. Great gran kids to games. Listen to games on skip signals on AM radio for hours
Sat with my dad and listened to bama football. On n on
If i aint a "we" then who is
Depends on whose definition you use, I suppose.

Meh....... look at pro teams. How people paint up and do all kind of crazy stuff in support of "their" team. College football throughout the south has been our version of pro teams to pull for.

Aside from the fact that I scrolled his TL and observed that he's a clear Barner, okay... I'll bite.

Every piece of apparel I buy, a portion of that sale goes back to the University.

Every ticket I buy, that money goes to the University.

But let's say that I've never bought officially licensed gear, nor ever purchased a single game ticket.

Even if I was NOT an alumnus (which I am), the fact that it's a state-funded institution means that some of my Alabama tax pays the University's bills in a small way.

By that principle alone, I'm a "share holder" of the "corporation" /university.

My/we/our is a rightful part of my vernacular when referring to MY University, FuckYouVeryMuch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom