| FTBL The world is right once again!!

I saw a thing about the Horse Collar tackle on Jaden Daniels that LSU fans wanted called protesting that, but honestly they scored on the next exact play anyways. Also the officials incorrectly applied the penalty on that play, it should've been a penalty from the original location of the play. Therefore, even if they do call a horsecollar it's negated by the other penalty thus the play is re-done minus the time. So LSU would've lost 40 yards and had less time on the clock.

As far as the "targetting" thing I honestly just can't see it. I could definitely get behind the late/driving the QB into the ground call as they are legit but I didn't see anything that constitutes targetting.

If we are honest we have all seen this type of play get called as targeting. To me it is just football but I lost that view years ago when they introduced the targeting rule.
When they started to change the rules to “protect defenseless players” I knew this was coming. NFL calls roughing if the guy so much as farts near the QB. Can’t hit and take him to the ground. Have to keep your body weight off of him if you both go to the ground. 🙄

I saw a thing about the Horse Collar tackle on Jaden Daniels that LSU fans wanted called protesting that, but honestly they scored on the next exact play anyways. Also the officials incorrectly applied the penalty on that play, it should've been a penalty from the original location of the play. Therefore, even if they do call a horsecollar it's negated by the other penalty thus the play is re-done minus the time. So LSU would've lost 40 yards and had less time on the clock.

As far as the "targetting" thing I honestly just can't see it. I could definitely get behind the late/driving the QB into the ground call as they are legit but I didn't see anything that constitutes targetting.

No targeting at all. This is where football is nowhere near the idea of what it was created to be. Quarterback has been fast and slippery all night. Linebacker comes in to make asure tackle, his helmet even slides to the side of tge quatrrback's, and he follows through with the tackle as the quarterback collapses. You leave your feet to get a guy to the ground, and these guys are elite athletes and very strong, so it may take every pound of that 250 frame of Turner's to get a 6'4-210 Daniels down. I thought the flag was BS, but targeting is so far from reality it makes me laugh. Same thing happened witb Ewers last year. It was a football play.

No targeting at all. This is where football is nowhere near the idea of what it was created to be. Quarterback has been fast and slippery all night. Linebacker comes in to make asure tackle, his helmet even slides to the side of tge quatrrback's, and he follows through with the tackle as the quarterback collapses. You leave your feet to get a guy to the ground, and these guys are elite athletes and very strong, so it may take every pound of that 250 frame of Turner's to get a 6'4-210 Daniels down. I thought the flag was BS, but targeting is so far from reality it makes me laugh. Same thing happened witb Ewers last year. It was a football play.
Check the photos of BY getting same treatment by uT last trip up there. Same tackle or targeting twice….yet no flag.

I despise the targeting rule as much as I despise the transfer portal and the NIL … and only slightly more than the rule allowing offensive linemen to block 5-7 yards downfield (that’s more accurate than the 3 yards in the rule). It along with targeting have fueled the basketball on grass explosion that riles old defensive players who became old fans of great defenses. A lot of my fellow Bama fans say their favorite Saban NC was 2020. And it’s hard to argue as that undefeated team destroyed the competition plus its players also cleaned up on the national awards. I rank 2020 as a very close 2nd. The 2011 NC team is my favorite though. And that defense was to me even more impressive than was the 2020 offense. They only allowed 8.2 points per game, 183.6 total yards per game, and 111.5 yards passing per game. If Bama hadn’t played GA Southern that year as their “cupcake” the numbers would have been even more impressive. That defense was only the second defensive unit ever to lead the country in all major stat categories since stats were recorded. And of course, if Bama kickers hadn’t missed 4 field goals (actually if they had only missed two) against LSU that Bama team would have also been undefeated. I’m not using “if’s” as excuses only as wishes! Anyway, I loved the way the 2011 defense made opposing offenses surrender early and elite athletes look pedestrian.

I watched several times. Dont see roughing passer. Why...
He was throwing as he was being hit....thats not roughing...
No such thing as roughing for taking him to the ground....its big boy CF football

But...they could have justified.... targeting. His helmet hit face and neck area of QB....
It did go from "chest" upward....am sure thats what was reviewers saw...
Could have gone either way

Tennessee...refs cheating for bama....and lsu...bama gets favorable calls..
Is pure tennessee and lsu whiners...

I have watched hundreds and hundreds of bama games and we have been screwed as many times as we have gotten favorable calls...period

As every team can say same..i am sure

Can’t be targeting, face mask hit him in the chest. The helmet “sliding” doesn’t matter, if it did then there 20-25 targeting calls missed in every game. He didn’t launch, didn’t use crown of the helmet, no “forcable” contact to head or neck (by definition). So no it couldn’t be called….

Back
Top Bottom