| NEWS The top QB prospect in America could be a millionaire college football player within one week's time, and in all hinges on a niche beverage brand.

Had you heard of him before this article?

I'd weigh Southlake Carroll against 90% of the schools with D1 guys and being prepared.

I had read about him previously but didn't recall the name or who he was until I pulled up the article. But if someone had stopped me and asked me 2 days ago who Quinn Ewers was, "top HS QB recruit" wouldn't have been in my top 100 answers.

This is 100% about the money. Nobody expects him to have any significant playing time this season if he does move on to AN Ohio State. Texas doesn't have anything in place to allow high school students to take advantage of the NIL. That being said, this is also a "millionaire on paper" situation (and probably a publicity stunt for this drink maker). He's getting part of a company that I can't find good sales figures for (estimates seem to range from $1-10 million in revenue per year). So he can sit around and say he has a million dollars in endorsements, but reality is he can't use any of it right now.

This is 100% about the money. Nobody expects him to have any significant playing time this season if he does move on to AN Ohio State. Texas doesn't have anything in place to allow high school students to take advantage of the NIL. That being said, this is also a "millionaire on paper" situation (and probably a publicity stunt for this drink maker). He's getting part of a company that I can't find good sales figures for (estimates seem to range from $1-10 million in revenue per year). So he can sit around and say he has a million dollars in endorsements, but reality is he can't use any of it right now.
Yep the world business where marketing drives a lot of interesting things.

Right now, high school students cannot use the NIL to make money. They are still amateur athletes. That’s why he’s considering skipping his final high school season and enrolling at tOSU. He doesn’t have to play to make money.

Whats going to be really fun...
Is when these hotshot boys are a bust in college...bama has had a few...
And somebody...company...is still into big bucks to them....

going to be some "step back" moments
Hear the Stokley family....here in Tennessee ...the canned veggies people...
are going to get into the war.....for the Vols..
Big money people....

as such...probably start being a wash...cause all schools have big money people

the tOSU QB room is about to be blown up. 4 freshman on the roster.

I expect Stroud to start this year and be really good. McCord will likely transfer the soonest. For 2022, it could very well be Ewers beating out Stroud, and then Stroud will be gone.

Tough task for Day to keep enough guys, but he can always get transfers himself, and he's got so much talent in that room they'll be fine no matter what unless they sustain an injury right after 2 guys transfer

Back
Top Bottom