| GAME THREAD The Senior Bowl Today Now the GAME THREAD

Bama had several players that dressed but did not play. I think I saw both Evans and SDH on the sidelines. Averett was supposed to be there. Saw Hand play a little early then he sat out rest of game. Bozeman played about half the snaps at C for the South team, JK was the only punter and FG holder for the South and Wallace played quite a bit but only targeted once on a slant, guy caught it and he made the tackle.

Didn't Evans and Averett said that wasn't going to play today. Evens wanted to wait for the combine, and Averett was because of him slipping off the bus step.

How did the state's contingent play at the Senior Bowl?

Too bad the Reese's Senior Bowl didn't name a Defensive MVP on Saturday. South Alabama safety Jeremy Reaves might have won the award.

Reaves made eight tackles, intercepted a pass and broke up another for the South in a 45-16 victory over the North in the annual all-star game at Mobile's Ladd-Peebles Stadium, the home field for Reaves' college career.

Reaves was one of 15 players from Alabama high schools and colleges who played in the 69th Senior Bowl.

Reaves' tackles included stopping Arizona State running back Kalen Ballage for a 1-yard gain on a fourth-and-2 snap from the South's 42-yard line midway through the second quarter.

Reaves already had tackled Ballage on a fourth-down snap in the first quarter - after the Sun Devil had run for 14 yards on the North's first scoring series. The second fourth-down tackle allowed the South to keep control with an 18-3 lead.

The North had to settle for a field goal after Ballage's fourth-down conversion in the opening period when Reaves broke up a third-down pass from Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield to Penn State tight end Mike Gesicki.

Reaves' interception came with seven seconds left in the third quarter. He picked off Nebraska quarterback Tanner Lee at the South 21-yard line and returned it 19 yards as the South ended the period with a 38-16 lead.
Here's how the rest of the players with Alabama football roots performed in Saturday's Senior Bowl:

Nate Andrews, Fairhope High School: The Florida State safety was an injury replacement and got in only one full practice with the South. But he still played and made two tackles on Saturday.

Bradley Bozeman, Handley High School and Alabama: Bozeman got the starting assignment at center for the South after serving as one of the team's two captains for the game.
Daniel Carlson, Auburn: Carlson made a 53-yard field goal for the South, but also had a 33-yard miss. He made four of his five extra-point attempts.

Austin Golson, Prattville High School and Auburn: Golson didn't get added to the South roster until early in Senior Bowl Week, coming over from the East-West Shrine Game to Mobile. He showed his versatility along the offensive line throughout the week and played some at center for the South.

Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama: The defensive end didn't play after the first quarter, but he made a quick impression. He and Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport combined to sack Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield on a third-down snap to end the North's first possession of the game.

There were reports that Hand had hurt his shoulder, but after the game he said he was fine.

JaMarcus King, Blount High School: The South Carolina cornerback played for the North and caused the South's only turnover on Saturday. Covering Oklahoma State wide receiver James Washington in the end zone, King broke up a pass from Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert, and the ball was intercepted by Louisiana Tech safety Secdrick Cooper. King also had two tackles in the game.

Tray Matthews, Auburn: The safety did not play in Saturday's game.
Siran Neal, Abbeville High School, Eufaula High School andJacksonville State: The cornerback made three tackles for the South, although he got shaken up in the second half.

Myles Pierce, Daphne High School: The Citadel standout played inside linebacker for the North, but did not record any stats.

Ike Powell, Auburn: Powell not only handled the long-snapping duties for the South, but he also made a tackle on special teams.

JK Scott, Alabama: Scott averaged 48.7 yards on six punts for the South. His punts included a 60-yarder. He also held for placements.

Brandon Silvers, Gulf Shores High School and Troy: The quarterback played the final two series for the South, although on the last possession, he handed off three times as the South ran out the clock. He completed one of his two passes for a 9-yard gain.

Ito Smith, McGill-Toolen High School: The Southern Miss running back rushed for 35 yards on nine carries and caught two passes for a net of 2 yards. After the South's second touchdown, Smith ran in the 2-point conversion for an 18-3 lead with 12:35 left in the first half. Smith also took three straight handoffs and produced a first down as the South ran out the clock on its victory.

Levi Wallace, Alabama: The cornerback made two tackles for the South.
Tre Williams, St. Paul's Episcopal and Auburn: The inside linebacker made a couple of tackles for the South before leaving the game with an arm injury. He said it was not related to his previous shoulder injury.

"I'm good," Williams said after the game. "I had a little weakness in my right arm. They pulled me out right away. They were looking out for me for my future and everything."

Mark Inabinett is a sports reporter fo

Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama: The defensive end didn't play after the first quarter, but he made a quick impression. He and Texas-San Antonio defensive end Marcus Davenport combined to sack Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield on a third-down snap to end the North's first possession of the game.

That makes me happy. I didn't see the game, but I hope Mayfield had a crappy game.

Mayfield looked like crap. 3-7 for 9 yards. But reportedly his mother is in the hospital which is why he was late getting there and left after 2 series. I suspect he was there to get to know the Broncos coaches and them to see him in person more than anything so his performance won't mean anything anyway.

I was at the game, and I watched them work on both Hand and Wallace. Hand got injured late in the first quarter. They were working on his left shoulder for a few minutes before taking his helmet away. He was not dressed out after halftime. Wallace got dinged late in the 3rd quarter or so. It looked like a hand/shoulder issue. They didn't take his helmet, but I don't think he went back in after the checked him out. Bonus information, I was sitting near Bozeman's fiancee. I was going to say something, but I thought it my look/sound a little weird. So, I didn't.

I was at the game, and I watched them work on both Hand and Wallace. Hand got injured late in the first quarter. They were working on his left shoulder for a few minutes before taking his helmet away. He was not dressed out after halftime. Wallace got dinged late in the 3rd quarter or so. It looked like a hand/shoulder issue. They didn't take his helmet, but I don't think he went back in after the checked him out. Bonus information, I was sitting near Bozeman's fiancee. I was going to say something, but I thought it my look/sound a little weird. So, I didn't.
They just wanted to show up for Mardi Gras.....

On another subject I notice you're fairly new on here. Tell me is it Blond-eat-las, or Blonde-Atlas or BL-ondeat-las or What is it. Just want to know.

Back
Top Bottom