| CURRENT EVENTS The Port Strike. This video made me laugh, until it didn't.

They've went back to work. Extended the current contract through Jan. 15th to allow for negotiations. IMO, I believe they'll get a lot of their money but won't get much from the automation argument.

They've went back to work. Extended the current contract through Jan. 15th to allow for negotiations. IMO, I believe they'll get a lot of their money but won't get much from the automation argument.
I think give and take is the key. automation is the future, but given the workforce in next ten years... Lot of the older people will get phased out due to retirement, so they have to introduce automation on some level.

I think give and take is the key. automation is the future, but given the workforce in next ten years... Lot of the older people will get phased out due to retirement, so they have to introduce automation on some level.
Spot on, it's always been that way, Companies will throw stuff in there that they know won't fly as will the Union side, they'll meet in the middle and the world will keep turning. They do have a lot of the large unmanned automated carriers already. You can see them in the videos carrying the containers.

Agreeing to 10% pay raise every year for the next 6 years would be a huge incentive for the company to automate as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom