| FTBL The Pivot Podcast w/Bryce Young

If Bryce had the line and receiving core Tua had, he'd have won b2b championships easily. He was a complete stud QB he just didn't have near the talent Mac or Tua had around him while being our QB. Jameson Williams and Metchie would've been enough two years ago if they didn't get hurt the way they did. I really wish we could've given him a ring or two but for whatever reason it just didn't work out.

I know he won the Heisman and all that, but I've never been impressed with him as a QB.
With the utmost respect SnakeDoc but you need to get back on your meds :).... BY has the potential to make Bama history by being the first Bama player be the #1 draft pick and QB at that. The things he could do were mind numbing. Any other QB with last years team and OL loses 3-4 games.

With the utmost respect SnakeDoc but you need to get back on your meds :).... BY has the potential to make Bama history by being the first Bama player be the #1 draft pick and QB at that. The things he could do were mind numbing. Any other QB with last years team and OL loses 3-4 games.
Maybe. But I never had the confidence he would make the right decisions when he dropped back like I had with Tua and Mac.

Maybe. But I never had the confidence he would make the right decisions when he dropped back like I had with Tua and Mac.
Tua benefited from having the greatest offense the school has ever seen, Mac didn’t have a slouch offense either. BY made shit happen and the offensive scheme was to pass them open where as Tua and Mac had schemes to get open for the QB

Today is Thursday.... I haven't had my coffee and yet I read this.....

Expand on that please. Give us example, what games you speak of where he didn't make right decisions and that had you not impressed?

Never mind the OL struggle, and little time he had? Never mind the WRs we had that couldn't' separate upon the snap of the ball?

I'm working on my responses and how I come across, but man, this is one of the dumbest takes I can remember on here. Never felt comfortable with Bryce under center? He's the best quarterback we've had, possibly ever. The intelligence and decision making are off the charts. Sure, the Texas A&M game calling and a couple of interceptions along the way never looked good, but EVERYONE, even Tom Brady makes mistakes. He single handidly kept us in the Tennessee game last year after our defense sucked ass. Did you forget the drive AT Auburn? He led us to an ass beating of Georgia in the SEC Championship. He almost won us a Natty against Georgia until his only weapon went down. You will never be able to explain your comment to anyone and get a serious conversation out of them. You're way off base no matter what you've seen, your reasoning, or history with the program. Not saying you can't voice your opinion, but don't expect any respect for your knowledge or understanding of the game if you spit that out to everyone. Alabama loses five to six more games over the last two years if Bryce Young is not quarterback.

I'm working on my responses and how I come across, but man, this is one of the dumbest takes I can remember on here. Never felt comfortable with Bryce under center? He's the best quarterback we've had, possibly ever. The intelligence and decision making are off the charts. Sure, the Texas A&M game calling and a couple of interceptions along the way never looked good, but EVERYONE, even Tom Brady makes mistakes. He single handidly kept us in the Tennessee game last year after our defense sucked ass. Did you forget the drive AT Auburn? He led us to an ass beating of Georgia in the SEC Championship. He almost won us a Natty against Georgia until his only weapon went down. You will never be able to explain your comment to anyone and get a serious conversation out of them. You're way off base no matter what you've seen, your reasoning, or history with the program. Not saying you can't voice your opinion, but don't expect any respect for your knowledge or understanding of the game if you spit that out to everyone. Alabama loses five to six more games over the last two years if Bryce Young is not quarterback.
I think you nailed it perfectly. I 100 percent agree with you.

Today is Thursday.... I haven't had my coffee and yet I read this.....

Expand on that please. Give us example, what games you speak of where he didn't make right decisions and that had you not impressed?

Never mind the OL struggle, and little time he had? Never mind the WRs we had that couldn't' separate upon the snap of the ball?

I'm not saying he wasn't an effective QB. He felt overhyped coming out of high school, and I always felt any other good QB could do what he did.

Every game. I didn't say his decisions were incorrect. I said I never felt comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom