| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC The one season series we're beginning to see more often. IE: Netflix originals

TerryP

Staff
As I recall, the first example I watched was the series The Killing which actually ended up going over one season. In its original form it wasn't supposed to but due to fan(s) pleadings they brought it back. It was much better left as the original and subsequently tanked in its extended version.

I've recently finished Seven Seconds on Netflix. That's not the first original mini-series I've watched over the last few years We've seen a few come through HBO productions: Band of Brothers and John Adams come to mind. I do wish the HBO productions were released in their entirety--at least the mini-series.

Seeing Steve Bancho recent passing really brought to mind how much my viewing habits have changed recently. What I'm watching hasn't. It's just how I'm watching.

Now I'm thinking...wonder what I'll find on Netflix to watch now...

I just started the series Grace and Frankie, not the same type of series as what you’ve mentioned, but it’s funny so far. I also watched the series The Ranch, it was alright.

I’ve thought about starting Orange is the new Black, but not sure

I just started the series Grace and Frankie, not the same type of series as what you’ve mentioned, but it’s funny so far. I also watched the series The Ranch, it was alright.

I’ve thought about starting Orange is the new Black, but not sure
I watched TR for a bit and then backed off. Ashton Kutchner needs a role like Adam Sandler had in Reign Over Me to change. I'm tired of his schtick.

OITNB is one I've enjoyed through four seasons and just haven't made the time to start S5. Taylor Schilling does a pretty good job in her role. She's what drew me into the series as far as an actress is concerned. I first saw Schilling in Mercy. (Note: With Laura Prepons role in OITNB as one of the main characters you've mentioned two shows that have three actors from That 70's Show. I can't think of the mom's name. She had a guest role on RT. Valderama is another making five you've grouped together.)

There's a lot of character roles put together with OITNB. Some of the ladies are playing so roles that are noteworthy.

G&F, eh? I just read the overview. Hmmpphh.

@TerryP you talking about Tanya Roberts? You know she was one of the last to be in the TV show of Charlie's Angels. She also was in a moive way back in the '80 call The Beast master were she has a nude scene.

Netflix announced a few months ago they were going to release 700+ new original titles in 2018 and spend $8B in 2018 releasing content. Wrap your head around that.

And all of this is being hosted on Amazon Web Services.

Back
Top Bottom