| FTBL The Official Offseason Change/Don't Change Helmet Thread

What would you like to see on the helmets?

• Script "A"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bama on the side in some cool font.

• The scipt "A" inside the Crimson Tide Circle Logo.

• I don't care, just win baby!

• Go back to the old leather helmet days, only sissies where those helmets they have now a days.

• Leave them alone and Bo is a moron for even asking.

• Total voters
one of these days people will have to explain the love for the numbers. They don't mean anything.
I hear people say we are the only team to use them.
False there is about 10 others that do, Georgia Sothern and Tufts university also wear them.
People say take the names off the back of the jersey, it is too individual, we are a team. Then why do we have player numbers on the helmet?
People say the uniform is perfect, don't change, a mild change here and there would not hurt. But nothing is perfect.
The elephant logo is the unique and no one else has them. CHeck Rose Hulman and Tufts university.

The helmet issue seems to be analagous to the orange jersey issue that surfaces at Auburn from time to time. We have worn them a few times in the past, but not since 1978 or 79.

There is a small contigent that wants them, but for the most part the old guys like the unis just the way they are.

I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Personally, if the majority of the fan base is ok with the unis, especially ones that have been around as long as Bama's, why change anything?

Next thing you know, Phil Knight will Nikefy the things and JPW will have one white sleeve and one red one next year.

Don't screw with it.

Dang, I can't believe all of you guys have called me a moron. I thought yall liked me. :shock: :cry:

:wink: :D

It's no biggie. I like the idea of a plain helmet. But, I also know the numbers on the side are classic so that's fine to.

rollntider said:
go back to the black helmets :D

seriously I have always been an advocate of the script "A"
<-------

The same people that want the names off the jersey because they are to signify a team, but want the numbers to stay, when they show the individual player. I say use the script "A".

I also want to stir up using grey or crimson pants on away games :D

Use them only in the alternative.

Most good teams that have been well......lets just say if your from the north and you ask a random joe who's been into college football enough for a few decades, and asked him who is the best SEC team. Traditionally, he would say Alabama. A random joe down here might say Penn State (assuming that these Joes don't really keep up with football as we do), and so. cal, ND, and so on.

When was the last time you've seen any of these teams change their unis? Sure ND has green for ocassions, but they haven't changed. These little nobody teams like Utah State and Midd. Tenn. State change their uniform to look interesting and new only to attract fans. If someone saw a crimson helmet and a white stripe with a number on it, they would know it's Alabama. Same with PS, SC, and ND.

Now when I said in the other thread to use white helmets w/ a crimson stripe down the middle, I meant for occassions or every now and then, not every single time. But even then I wouldn't care that much if they didn't.

Rams and Jams said:
musso said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Next thing you know, Phil Knight will Nikefy the things and JPW will have one white sleeve and one red one next year.

:shock: may God have mercy on the soul who should commit such an abominable act!
Am I the only one who thinks the single sleeve looks awesome?

yes...you are the only one. :D

Don't change a thing. That goes for the home and away unis.

I was chatting with a Hog friend out here in Arkansas not too long ago. He was lamenting the fact that his hogs added "Arkansas" on the front of their jerseys just like OU has worn for years. Arkansas has seemed to have some sort of cvhange to their uniforms almost on a yearly basis. He told me, "Y'all never have to worry about this. When y'all line up on the LOL with those crimson and white helmets with the numbers on the side, there is not a college football fan in the world that doesn't know exactly who is playing."

Tideboy said:
Don't change a thing. That goes for the home and away unis.

I was chatting with a Hog friend out here in Arkansas not too long ago. He was lamenting the fact that his hogs added "Arkansas" on the front of their jerseys just like OU has worn for years. Arkansas has seemed to have some sort of cvhange to their uniforms almost on a yearly basis. He told me, "Y'all never have to worry about this. When y'all line up on the LOL with those crimson and white helmets with the numbers on the side, there is not a college football fan in the world that doesn't know exactly who is playing."

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom