| FTBL The Nation's Best

Bamaman37

Seventh Annual Herbie Awards

BAMA makes a few of his lists.

His sleeper team in the SEC West is Alabama. Here is what he had to say about the Tide:

I think nine wins is possible for the Crimson Tide, but Bama must start fast to build confidence with a new coaching staff. The Tide have a veteran QB, two great WRs and arguably the best O-line in the SEC. The biggest question, however, is whether defensive guru Nick Saban has enough to work with in Year 1.

What a difference a year makes....

Kirk seems to be one of the few in the media that doesn't slam Alabama whenever possible. Not only that he actually seems to like us.

That's good 'cause we like you too, Kirk. :)

Also from Kirk - Prettiest Coeds

1. Georgia
2. Ole Miss
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. South Carolina
6. Auburn
7. Florida State
8. Texas
9. Tennessee
10. Alabama

It's such a qualitative assessment that's difficult to debate, but eight of the ten are SEC schools with FSU and Texas thrown in for good measure. It's great to be in the top 10, but that also means we're eighth in the conference. Co-eds and recruiting must go hand in hand.

RTR,

Tim

Bamaman37 said:

His sleeper team in the SEC West is Alabama. Here is what he had to say about the Tide:

I think nine wins is possible for the Crimson Tide, but Bama must start fast to build confidence with a new coaching staff. The Tide have a veteran QB, two great WRs and arguably the best O-line in the SEC. The biggest question, however, is whether defensive guru Nick Saban has enough to work with in Year 1.

More aptly said, what a difference a new OL coach makes.

TerryP said:
Bamaman37 said:

Excellent point.

TerryP said:
Bamaman37 said:

23458408.jpg

bama1289 said:
I thought JPW might make the "What a Difference a Year Makes" list. I really feel like he's gonna have a big season.

Not to be rude, but he had a fantastic season last year. I look for improvement, but there is not alot of room for it as far as he goes....unless you want to talk about red zone scoring....which matters.

Swamptick said:
bama1289 said:
I thought JPW might make the "What a Difference a Year Makes" list. I really feel like he's gonna have a big season.

Not to be rude, but he had a fantastic season last year. I look for improvement, but there is not alot of room for it as far as he goes....unless you want to talk about red zone scoring....which matters.

A few less INTs would be nice, but I think playing from the shotgun and an improved offensive line will help that. Last year being his first year as a starter combined with feeling rushed led so some poor descisions IMO. Still, considering how well he did his first year as a starter I'm looking forward to seeing what he does this year. Also, if the spring game is any indication, I think that the play in the red zone is going to be MUCH improved this year.

Back
Top Bottom