| FTBL The most overrated team heading into the season is____

FSU, Washington and/or Penn State. I’d add the dogs if they had even a modestly difficult schedule. They don’t … it’s a puff pastry schedule and not what you’d expect from a top tier SEC power. No wonder so many people are picking them to three peat. They won’t really be threatened until the SEC Championship game. Yet, Phil Steele has their schedule rated as the 56th toughest (Bama’s is the 8th). He’s basing it on the pups having to go on the road to play the vile’s and the South Alabama tiggers. Of course their non-conference schedule’s a real juggernaut … UT Martin, Ball State, UAB and GT.

In a normal year with a decently tough schedule I’d say Kirby better watch out for his players guzzling copious amounts of rat poison. Though again that won’t really won’t be a factor until late in the season. On the other hand, Saban’s got to love the fact just about everyone other than Herbstreit is talking about all the holes in Bama’s lineup. I’ve actually heard multiple pundits say this is as close to a rebuilding year as you’ll see with Bama. Please keep those comments coming!

As for my beloved Tide … I’m hoping to see a return to the standard they made so famous. Few penalties on both sides of the ball … an aggressive and angry defense … and one where the linebackers actually hit the RB’s in the hole at the line of scrimmage instead of 8-10 yards down the field … an OL that moves on the snap count, remembers their assignments, opens holes and punishes the men across from them … receivers who can consistently beat coverages and hang onto the ball in critical situations … oh and some alphas who make sure all of the above happens week in and week out.

Really hard to say...except personal feelings.....since havent dived
into rosters and schedules...

Uga does have the "clemson cakewalk" for a schedule....but being that loaded...everyone looks like a patsy

Overrated....though... going with tennessee....their offense lost the prime movers....recruiting mediocre...people have seen the offense ....picked mostly as a top 25 team....could easily be 6-6 team...trips to florida/bama/ky.....A$M/uga/usce/utsa at home...

The Viles or the Who's.
Really hard to say...except personal feelings.....since havent dived
into rosters and schedules...

Uga does have the "clemson cakewalk" for a schedule....but being that loaded...everyone looks like a patsy

Overrated....though... going with tennessee....their offense lost the prime movers....recruiting mediocre...people have seen the offense ....picked mostly as a top 25 team....could easily be 6-6 team...trips to florida/bama/ky.....A$M/uga/usce/utsa at home...
Agree about the Viles. I would add the Who's into this list.

I've seen TCU lurking around entering the top 10 in most of the pre-season polls. The NCAA's site published on this past week listing TCU at #10.

Now here's where @252BAMA would be looking, I've just beaten him to the punch this morning.

Where does TCU find the production they lost from last season? The 'Frogs lost their three leading receivers (including a 1st and 4th rounder.) With the loss of Duggan and their two running backs they've lost 91% of their total offense and TD production.

Right now, with a hypothetical O/U of 10 wins on the season, I'd take the under with TCU.

Back
Top Bottom