| FTBL The lead up to the game has more fire than the game itself will. (UA vs UTx)

Yeah yeah, big bad Texas. Everyone spending a little time there thinks its God's gift to the world and beats their chest as if they've accomplished something. You appear to be all about where you currently are, because all we hear about anymore is Montana, until this.

Wow...what's this all about?

My opinion was Texas is hotter than Alabama, and you go this direction? WTF

Holy shit man, I'm seriously wondering what I did to ruffle your feathers.

In August and September, it's hotter in Austin than Tuscaloosa by a few degrees. I think we can all look at average highs for August and September for both cities. Tuscaloosa gets more rain in both months, and the humidity is slightly higher.

It'll all come down to that day. I think we'll be ready.

RTR,

Tim

Wow...what's this all about?

My opinion was Texas is hotter than Alabama, and you go this direction? WTF

Holy shit man, I'm seriously wondering what I did to ruffle your feathers.

You didn't ruffle my feathers. Just stating that everyone that has lived in Texas or from there has a very high opinion of Texas, but to the rest of us it's just, Texas. It's always the best place ever, or the toughest place ever, the best athletics ever, the most money ever, this that and the other when you listen to someone from there. I will say George Strait is pretty great, so I'm cool with that one. Nothing wrong with state pride, at all. I'm proud of where I came from, but the arrogance from the state of Texas gets old. It's hot as shit in both places and each spot has their own uniqueness. I probably should I have just shut up and never responded to your comment as it's gotten to this point neither of us intended. For that I'm sorry. South Carolina is #2 on the state pride list @TerryP, agree?

BUT, speaking of Texas, I may be traveling there in a few weeks for work. You ever played Dallas National Country Club?

Lol, I don't think Texas is the greatest place. You've confused me or lumped me in with others. You've turned this conversation about heat to a conversation about state pride. I never took it there. Then you want to go after my love of Montana? Jeeze man.

It's hot in Texas. You've never lived there, so you're talking about someone you can't really speak to in my opinion. The dry heat comment says as much. East Texas is more dry than southern and Eastern Texas.

Lol, I don't think Texas is the greatest place. You've confused me or lumped me in with others. You've turned this conversation about heat to a conversation about state pride. I never took it there. Then you want to go after my love of Montana? Jeeze man.

It's hot in Texas. You've never lived there, so you're talking about someone you can't really speak to in my opinion. The dry heat comment says as much. East Texas is more dry than southern and Eastern Texas.

I'm not going to continue the petty talk anymore, but all one has to do is go back and read messages from you about how it's always more whether it's weather, traffic, athletics yadda yadda.

You also don't have to live somewhere to know about. I've never lived in Florida, but been there enough to know what life is like there. Don't need ten years of residency to know it's hot and muggy as shit in Florida.

Also, did I not specifically speak to humidity being the difference? Texas is massive, and like said above by others, West Texas isn't as humid as East Texas. All of Alabama is humid, hence your own reference where from North to South it's similar, you aren't getting away from it. Texas is humid around the Gulf, not shocking, but most everywhere else it isn't the humidity of Northeastern Alabama in Huntsville. All of the higher humidity in Texas is South of the entire state of Alabama and on the coast, everything else is on par or below Alabama. I never said the temperature in Alabama was hotter, I said it feels hotter with humidity. The two places we're talking about are pretty similar, especially interesting seeing as Austin is about 220 miles (give or take) South of Tuscaloosa. Mobile probably the closer latitude wise, but obviously on the water.

1652886225390.png
1652886209947.png
1652886676389.png

Last edited:
Now you're just being a dick @BamaFan334

I can be, like most of us. ;)

I still love you, hopefully you know that. One thing I will be continue to be grateful for from you though is opening my eyes to Toyota. Our Sequoia is still running strong. Bought it like four and a half years ago to test that durability we spoke about and she is running strong at 257,000 miles. Gonna get her to 300,000 and then look into the new models coming out this year.

Houston is the most humid place I've ever been, and that includes New Orleans and Miami. I was in San Antonio just a few weeks ago and it was way more humid and hotter there than it was here.

Texas is planning for a big revenue generating weekend. I just got my away game ticket notice and TX tickets are $175 each. Visitor tickets are not on the 50-yard line. Most likely they're in a corner or upper deck endzone.

Hopeless.gif

I can but my son wants the TX tickets.
Same with mine … my Son and his wife are ttaking a couple of their friends. It’s going to be a really, really, really tough season for good home games. Bama has seven home games but only two (A$M for obvious reasons and Auburn for even more obvious reasons) are the only top flight games. The first part of the home schedule is as bad as I remember. Utah State, Louisiana Monroe and then Vanderbilt. I can’t wait until the home and homes get going and they add a ninth conference game.

Back
Top Bottom