| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC The Jungle Book (2016)

I was not really interested in it until I saw the trailer before "Zootopia" (an AWESOME movie, go see it immediately if you have not already) .. but I was pleasantly surprised and really want to see it now. Neel Sethi looks to be a great Mowgli, in his first film. The voice actor cast is stellar too.

I was not really interested in it until I saw the trailer before "Zootopia" (an AWESOME movie, go see it immediately if you have not already) .. but I was pleasantly surprised and really want to see it now. Neel Sethi looks to be a great Mowgli, in his first film. The voice actor cast is stellar too.
Come on back now and tell us what you think? I read that you with and watch it.

It was really good!! I forgot I was watching CGI animals most of the time. It was very loyal to the book and the first Disney film. Lots of soul. Beautiful scenery. Great score/music. The kid actor, Neel Sethi, is really good! I can't imagine how strange it must've been to film with so many puppets and green screens. The only thing I didn't like was Christopher Walken as King Louie, because I just cannot put the two together in my mind haha.

I agree with @PhillyGirl , it was really good. I saw it Friday afternoon in T-Town in Imax 3D. It is amazing how far things have come with CGI. I would love to see the bonus features on this to see how much was actually real.

It was really good!! I forgot I was watching CGI animals most of the time. It was very loyal to the book and the first Disney film. Lots of soul. Beautiful scenery. Great score/music. The kid actor, Neel Sethi, is really good! I can't imagine how strange it must've been to film with so many puppets and green screens. The only thing I didn't like was Christopher Walken as King Louie, because I just cannot put the two together in my mind haha.
Thanks I think I will take my two granddaughter to see it.

Took my two GD today to see the movie. I for one didn't think I would enjoy it, BOY! was I wrong! But my take on the movie, Bill Murray as Baloo I think Phil Harris would be proud of this. Now on the other hand I think Disney could had found someone else to play King Louis. Well, the singing place anyway. CGI was just out of the world. I stay to the last just to see if a farewell was said for Gray Shandling, Ikki the porcupine. It was and also for someone else, but didn't get that name. Great music and Doctor John is on one of the track.

Just got back from seeing it. Bill Murray brought his A-game. He was fantastic! I liked Christopher Walken as King Louie. Those two are the main reason I went to see it. During Shere Khan's...first revenge act (no spoiler), I actually waited for Akeela to pop out a vegetable tray like Gus Fring always used. :p

My only disappointment - and this is being a bit nitpicky - is there was only one scene with Kaa.

Back
Top Bottom