| CURRENT EVENTS The FTC just banned non-compete agreements.

I've never had to sign a non-compete; but I know a few people who did (years ago). And I've always thought the idea of a non-compete was idiotic. If a business doesn't want their employees working for the competition, then pay them better than what the competition is probably offering. But if it's secrets they're worried about, have them sign an NDA.

I've never had to sign a non-compete; but I know a few people who did (years ago). And I've always thought the idea of a non-compete was idiotic. If a business doesn't want their employees working for the competition, then pay them better than what the competition is probably offering. But if it's secrets they're worried about, have them sign an NDA.
I had to sign one almost everywhere that I worked. Then promptly ignored them when I would resign. Once I was “down sized” because the company lost the main contract. I was hired to do the same job with the company that got the contract. Seems someone at the German Auto Manufacturer wanted my attention on their tooling.

Back
Top Bottom