| LIFE The food may be GREAT! BUT, I'm not eating there.

Just show up in swimming trunks and a tshirt. Whether you go barefoot or sandals is up to you.

Then I wonder about the waiter just walking thru it in slacks.

I wonder about the waiter
...and the water. That's flooding from one of the canal's...ever seen them clean those? The crap they dredge?

With food?

It reminds me of the first and last time I went to Bubba Gump's Seafood. There were sea gulls EVERYWHERE. Empty tables beside us, around our feet, walking around the aisle's between tables. I had a beer, a shot, and left never to return.

...and the water. That's flooding from one of the canal's...ever seen them clean those? The crap they dredge?

With food?

It reminds me of the first and last time I went to Bubba Gump's Seafood. There were sea gulls EVERYWHERE. Empty tables beside us, around our feet, walking around the aisle's between tables. I had a beer, a shot, and left never to return.

Ewww, never mind.

Which Bubba Gump did you go to?
The one in Gatlinburg TN is all indoors.

Last edited:
Which Bubba Gump did you go to?
It was on The Market, downtown Charleston.

Just a few blocks away that was also outdoors, but built in a "breezeway" type of environment. It was shaped like a crescent moon with entrances on both sides; overall, a bit of a dark atmosphere in the middle of a sunny day.

I can't remember the name of the place. I remember we drank Rolling Rock (of all things) because they were $1 a bottle. The kicker, aside the the dim lighting, is you had to go up eight or nine stairs to get inside. Even though the sea gulls can fly, they didn't fly in and didn't go up the stairs.

I don't know if the design was intentional. I do know those damn birds didn't go inside an outdoor establishment with food and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom