| CURRENT EVENTS I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. Trump has introduced a plan to not tax tips earned by service industry workers.

That was what got Home Depot ahead of the old HQ, which was K-Mart's Home Depot competitor, and others who have drifted away. Twenty-five years ago, you had a painter working in the paint area, an electrician in the electric, plumber, etc. Now, they just check their phones like I do.
Coincidentally, that's one of the things I like about the Lowe's app. Product info at the tip of your fingers. I've never looked at Home Depot's.

Here's lazy again. Lowe's is on the right...getting out to the I is another right...it's just traffic if I'm in NChas.

Setting aside the fact that @UAgrad93 wears orange at work...a reason NOT to shop at Home Depot...it's just easier.

Now, I could do the same "turn" thing with HD...but, gotta get on that road, and then gotta go through there...

Coincidentally, that's one of the things I like about the Lowe's app. Product info at the tip of your fingers. I've never looked at Home Depot's.

Here's lazy again. Lowe's is on the right...getting out to the I is another right...it's just traffic if I'm in NChas.

Setting aside the fact that @UAgrad93 wears orange at work...a reason NOT to shop at Home Depot...it's just easier.

Now, I could do the same "turn" thing with HD...but, gotta get on that road, and then gotta go through there...
I only wear the “orange” for the money! $18.50 an hour for 20 hours a week!! I always wear a BAMA cap!! EVERYONE knows where my allegiance lies!!! Instead of my name on my “apron”, I have my title on mine!! “COACH”!!!
Our app does the same! If you know what you need or know what you are looking for, type it in and it tells you the aisle and bay for its location.

I only wear the “orange” for the money! $18.50 an hour for 20 hours a week!! I always wear a BAMA cap!! EVERYONE knows where my allegiance lies!!! Instead of my name on my “apron”, I have my title on mine!! “COACH”!!!
Our app does the same! If you know what you need or know what you are looking for, type it in and it tells you the aisle and bay for its location.
Hey, I'm not a big fan of blue either. (Though the ladies in my life would tell you about...)

It's like I told Tim earlier. It's all right hand turns with Lowe's. It's not a big deal. Unless you are in Charleston. It's literally ...

right hand turn to leave the neighborhood
right hand turn to Lowe's
right hand turn to leave Lowe's.
right hand turn in the I
right hand turn to my exit
right hand turn to my neighborhood.

To be more concise here. I HATE driving.

Hey, I'm not a big fan of blue either. (Though the ladies in my life would tell you about...)

It's like I told Tim earlier. It's all right hand turns with Lowe's. It's not a big deal. Unless you are in Charleston. It's literally ...

right hand turn in the I

I’ve mentioned before my distaste for orange. Went as far as taking it out of the baseball uniforms when I took over the HC position at my first school! School colors were Navy and Orange!!! I went Navy, White, and Grey!!

right hand turn in the I

Are you a UPS driver?

Suppose it depends where you go, what type of places a person frequents
I asked a girl that worked for me at the pub...I didn't do payroll, that was a partner's 'job'. We were doing $1500 on lunches. I don't know how much you know about the bar industry, but that's 'covering your nut' in a few hours.

Several side notes here...Heather IS beautiful. I was running a Facebook marketing campaign on lunches.

Here's the thing...she said her taxes were in the 30% range. For giving a beer and a plate of food.

Do the math here. She was getting over 20% on $1500 of sales and getting taxed at 30+%.

If the government taxes anything, tips should be included. But, that's a political move that puts a lot of money back in people's pockets.

Just rough balling in my mind...that's putting four to five grand back in service workers pockets.

May want to give HOKAs version of Crocs a try. My wife just got her first pair & declared no more Crocs. When my Crocs need replacing, I’ll give them a shot.
If I could go barefoot, I would.

I have two pairs of Hoka's for bike riding. I'd have to get up and go look at the pair...not going to do that. Hopora, or something like that, was the last pair I bought. While I can't tell you the name of the shoe, I can tell you it was expensive. $135 as I recall.

If I could go barefoot, I would.

I have two pairs of Hoka's for bike riding. I'd have to get up and go look at the pair...not going to do that. Hopora, or something like that, was the last pair I bought. While I can't tell you the name of the shoe, I can tell you it was expensive. $135 as I recall.
They are pricey but for my deteriorating body they are far superior to anything else. Believe it or not we bought ours for church. No pews = standing for 2 hours. Although I stand next to the “relief bench” I still try to stand for the Liturgy. $175 a pair. I bought one pair and my son bought me a pair for my birthday.

They are pricey but for my deteriorating body they are far superior to anything else. Believe it or not we bought ours for church. No pews = standing for 2 hours. Although I stand next to the “relief bench” I still try to stand for the Liturgy. $175 a pair. I bought one pair and my son bought me a pair for my birthday.
I've got Florsheim dress shoes I bought 20+ years ago in the closet...had a few of them I've taken to the shop to put new soles on. BUT...

About a decade ago I stopped caring what I wore to the office or meetings. (I can't tell you how much I hate long pants.) Fact is, no one in Charleston does either until you run into a 'white shirt.' @It Takes Eleven 🙃

There are a few things in life you don't 'skimp' on. A mattress is one. A pair of shoes, another.

I've got Florsheim dress shoes I bought 20+ years ago in the closet...had a few of them I've taken to the shop to put new soles on. BUT...

About a decade ago I stopped caring what I wore to the office or meetings. (I can't tell you how much I hate long pants.) Fact is, no one in Charleston does either until you run into a 'white shirt.' @It Takes Eleven 🙃

There are a few things in life you don't 'skimp' on. A mattress is one. A pair of shoes, another.

I paid $120 for a pair of Johnston & Murphy wingtips in 1987. I got twenty years out of them, resoled at least five times. I did have a pair of cap toe cordovans a few years into that period, and they gave some relief to the wingtip's six day a week use. Since then, 17 years, I've purchased four more pair, two each black and cordovan cap toe. My most recent two pair are on their last leg - the black uppers only made it through one resoling and the cordovan uppers only lasted for the original soles. The 17 years is generous due to limited pandemic use, too. Eight months from retirement, and I'm going to have to spring for more dress shoes; however, I can promise you I've made my last trip to the Macy's shoe department at Lenox. Some places have gone downhill, but Lenox has gone the way of Underground.

And, I've purchased just one tie over the last six years, one to match my son's wedding ensemble. I now only wear ties for certain places in DC and select funerals.

I don't own a pair of crocs or flip flops. Always a Teva or boat shoe guy.

Last edited:
I'm with you on Teva's. I have a few pair. I'm not with the boat shoes.

Ya get out of the boat and step in mud. A Teva, you can wash out right there.
Yep, and they make great camp shoes and backup hikers in a pinch. There was a stretch in Maine on the Appalachian Trail where you have a series of fairly deep water crossings over three or four miles. We just changed into our Tevas and kept them on during that stretch to keep our boots and socks from being soaked.

Yep, and they make great camp shoes and backup hikers in a pinch
Great bike shoes. That's why I buy them. To me, it makes no sense to wear shorts and a T-shirt and then add athletic shoes.

I tend to get in trouble on my bike. You saw the vid of the Wannamaker trail? You should see my arms today...I wiped out yesterday.

That trail is almost 20 miles. I cut it up in sections.

If you are wondering...at the 1:45 mark. I hit that tree.

If you are wondering. Yes, I'm laughing about the whole thing. It sucks when you see it about to happen: and it does.

AT about the 2.40 mark she asked "what's that sound." A guinea fowl. I've been watching two in the neighborhood recently.

Back
Top Bottom