| FTBL The big book of the history of Alabama football

S

skeeter_jones

i went to sam's today to see if they had any more Crimson Classics dvds. of course they didn't, but i found something just as good.

as i turned down the book aisle, which runs parallel to the dvd aisle, i noticed a big box with the words "The University of ALABAMA" on the front. i didn't know what it was at first so i picked it up. it was then that i noticed it was a book. a big book.

inside is the complete history of football at ALABAMA; from the first game in 1892 up to and including the hiring of Nick Saban and the future. it also has some neat artifacts like:

the first program from the first game
tickets from the most memorable games
a pennant
etc...

of course these items are recreations, but they are cool to have nonetheless.

it was created with the help of jay barker.

the entire title of the book is:

THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA
FOOTBALL VAULT
THE STORY OF THE CRIMSON TIDE, 1892-2007

i've looked through it but i haven't read it all the way through yet. i plan on doing that tomorrow.

this is a great book that i highly suggest any BAMA fan picking up. i got it at sam's in hoover, al for only $29.99. you can order it form amazon, click here. it'll cost you more, but trust me it is well worth it. it's a fairly large book at 12-1/4"w x 10-1/2"h.

here's a pic:

51h89+cLNqL._SS500_.jpg

i also bought two other books the other day that i've yet to start reading, but i'm still working on "The Missing Ring" (almost done with it though). the other two books i bought are "Turning of the Tide" (which is autographed by the author) and "Career In Crisis".

Thanx for the info...
I'm searching for a complete 'Bama book that shows us our history behind great photos with a deep and an interesting read, an authentic artwork!...
What about the read man?, only 144 pages! :roll: ...
Is this book worth in quality-price terms?...

Regards and Thanx,

I finished The Missing Ring earlier this Spring. In it, the author essentially negated the premise of "Turning of the Tide", indicating that integration was already underway before the USC game.

Skeeter, once you've got them both under your belt, I'd be interested in your view of which position appears most valid.

I'm still looking for another book to read during my beach vacation in late June. I picked up a copy of Rivers of History: Life on the Coosa, Tallapoosa, Cahaba and the Alabama, but I'm looking for another Alabama read. Fact, fiction or football - I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks,

Tim

firestorm said:
Thanx for the info...
I'm searching for a complete 'Bama book that shows us our history behind great photos with a deep and an interesting read, an authentic artwork!...
What about the read man?, only 144 pages! :roll: ...
Is this book worth in quality-price terms?...

Regards and Thanx,

very much worth it imo. the price i paid (~$30.00) was a real bargain to me. the pictures alone make up for the lack of number of pages.
the book comes in a cardboard box that acts as a slip-cover. it's actually what's showing in the picture in my previous post.

It Takes Eleven said:
I finished The Missing Ring earlier this Spring. In it, the author essentially negated the premise of "Turning of the Tide", indicating that integration was already underway before the USC game.

Skeeter, once you've got them both under your belt, I'd be interested in your view of which position appears most valid.

will do.

I'm still looking for another book to read during my beach vacation in late June. I picked up a copy of Rivers of History: Life on the Coosa, Tallapoosa, Cahaba and the Alabama, but I'm looking for another Alabama read. Fact, fiction or football - I'm open to recommendations.

Thanks,

Tim

the book i'll suggest is The BEAR The Legendary Life of Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

i bought this book a few weeks ago and read it in one sitting. i started reading about 10:30pm and finished around 3:00am. it was so good i just couldn't put it down.

skeeter_jones said:
the book i'll suggest is The BEAR The Legendary Life of Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

i bought this book a few weeks ago and read it in one sitting. i started reading about 10:30pm and finished around 3:00am. it was so good i just couldn't put it down.
Interesting... I'm searching a good one about coach Bryant too. I were targeting these ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Coach-Li...3902520?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179830731&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Coach-Life-Pa...3902520?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1179830731&sr=8-6

But i'm going to add to my whitlist this one too after your great recommendation... Thanx

Regards.

i have a copy of The Last Coach. it's a pretty good book. you should consider adding it to your library soon.

it was the first book i acquired about Coach Bryant. it's signed by the author. i got it on my first trip to the Bryant Museum. i've been meaning to pick up the other one, but haven't found it yet.

i'm wary of ordering books off the internet because i like to inspect them and make sure they don't have any creased pages or scratches on the cover.

Back
Top Bottom