| FTBL The barn vs Penn State this weekend. How do you guys feel about this one?

If PSU can't limit Bigsby, auburn wins. He is what makes that offense go and he's really, really good. Have my doubts that PSU can limit him. Also have zero trust in Franklin as an in game coach. If this game was at auburn, they'd win by 14. I think it'll be close, but as of now I'm expecting an auburn win by 3 or 4. Hope I'm wrong and they lose 48-0 and have to bus back from PA via Greyhound.
I agree with you here, completely, when it comes to how good Tank is running the ball. It does lead me to questions.

Looking at the B1G, if you were to pick one team that runs well between the tackles which team would you pick? Me? Wisconsin.

Looking at their game Wisky ran the ball almost 60 times versus Penn State and only averaged around three yards per carry. To me this game comes down to containing Auburn's one dimensional attack. If PSU can handle Wisconsin's rushing attack wouldn't that give you reason to believe they can do the same with Auburn?

I agree with you here, completely, when it comes to how good Tank is running the ball. It does lead me to questions.

Looking at the B1G, if you were to pick one team that runs well between the tackles which team would you pick? Me? Wisconsin.

Looking at their game Wisky ran the ball almost 60 times versus Penn State and only averaged around three yards per carry. To me this game comes down to containing Auburn's one dimensional attack. If PSU can handle Wisconsin's rushing attack wouldn't that give you reason to believe they can do the same with Auburn?

Wisconsin doesn't have that Johnathan Taylor, Montee Ball, or a Melvin Gordon type back this year either though. Bigsby had a pretty solid year last year with no run blocking and a crappy quarterback not helping him out at all as a threat to throw it. I'm not saying Penn State won't stop him, but this year's Wisconsin team may not be the team to use. Mertz isn't a threat throwing the ball either (from everything I have seen and heard), so Penn State was probably more apt to stop that run. Now that being said, Wisconsin may be a good barometer, ha ha. This will be a fun game to watch. I know folks here really really really hate Auburn, and rightfully so, but it should be a unique game from a matchup perspective and fun to watch.

I think @BamaFan334 summed it up well. Bigsby is arguably the best back in the SEC (as of today, I'd say he is). Not saying PSU can't shut him down or limit him, I'll just be surprised. Will also say that to me, it looks like Nix has finally progressed a tad as a QB... it's obvious he wasn't getting any impactful coaching under Gus (which was no secret). He looks much more comfortable in this offense, but, as you alluded to, when he goes on the road he's Mr. Hyde. It's not just the real auburn team that will be revealed on Saturday, we will also find out if Bo Nix as really turned a corner under Harsin. I don't have quite as much confidence in that though as I do Bigsby.

How do I feel about the boogs playing the fighting franklins? Meh. That about sums it up. I dislike James Franklin marginally less than I dislike everything about the west Georgia iggletigers so the large helping of meh has a small side order of “maybe PSU can win”

The Barn should feel right at home. Happy Valley is in the middle of a cow pasture. I was so disappointed when I saw their stadium 10yrs ago for the Bama game.

Stadium is old. Reminded me of Legion Field, but the white out was pretty cool.

The East Alabama Felines head to Happy Valley for a cat fight this weekend against the Nittany Catamounts. After a couple of easy feedings, spirits are high among the Loachapoka Tomcats, but they may get more than they've bargained for against the homestanding Lions. The Wildcats of Wire Road will be Boise Blue after the first loss of the Bryan Harsin era.

Leonard's Loser - aubrun by 11

The East Alabama Felines head to Happy Valley for a cat fight this weekend against the Nittany Catamounts. After a couple of easy feedings, spirits are high among the Loachapoka Tomcats, but they may get more than they've bargained for against the homestanding Lions. The Wildcats of Wire Road will be Boise Blue after the first loss of the Bryan Harsin era.

Leonard's Loser - aubrun by 11
Make that West Georgia, please.

Boogs win, while I will never pull for them to gain a yard, SEC >BiG, they're due to win a significant game.
When the interior of your defensive line consists of a transfer from Kansas and another from UAB that "SEC" tag starts fading. Auburn is good on the edges but I can't stop thinking about PSU running between the tackles.

Back
Top Bottom