| RECRUIT Texas A&M Boosters Spent Unfathomable Amount Of Money To Land No. 1 Recruiting Class

I have a hard time believing that aTm is really doing what was posted, but if they are then I don't think it will end well to bring a bunch of entitled players onto your team and try to get them to function as a unit. I would think it would make Jimbo's job a lot harder to win a championship which takes a lot more than just having the talent on the team... as we have found out in years past.
You remember who Jimbo's QB was when they won the NC at FSU right? He gave Newton a run for arrogance and entitlement.

Now it will definitely be harder to sustain it. So long term it will cost them but they might buy one NC out of it in the short term.

There is probably no way the NCAA will ever be able to lay sanctions on a school for improper monetary benefits now that we have NIL. It will take a team of astrophysicist to figure out the money trail, but such as the times we live in now.

I lost all respect for Jimbo when he was at Florida State and he let Winston act like a total ass and never pulled him off the field, he wanted that championship and he knew crab legs was his only chance to get it.

I’m sure he is selling all of those kids on look what we did I be safe and I’m the only one we are going to be a monster in the west blah blah blah, truth is he may have a year or two where he has a good run but he will not be able to sustain it more than likely.

I have a hard time believing that aTm is really doing what was posted, but if they are then I don't think it will end well to bring a bunch of entitled players onto your team and try to get them to function as a unit. I would think it would make Jimbo's job a lot harder to win a championship which takes a lot more than just having the talent on the team... as we have found out in years past.
They're using the NIL to recruit. They can. It's not against the NIL rules in the state of Texas. Jimbo admitted to it the first day of the early signing period during an interview with Finebaum. It's no secret around coaching circles in collegiate football.

The question is how do other schools respond? The majority of the Group of Five schools can't compete so maybe this will be one step closer to the A5.

25 to 30 million a year isn't really sustainable if you're paying recruits. That money would be better served to be put into the program to hire analyst around the country to evaluate players at a young age and then develop those relationships with those kids you target as being what you need in your program.

Jimbo may be the perfect coach to function in this environment, pivoting to be more like an NBA coach.

My question is what about the current roster. Surely there would be LLC's for the "where's mine" contingent.

You remember who Jimbo's QB was when they won the NC at FSU right? He gave Newton a run for arrogance and entitlement.

Now it will definitely be harder to sustain it. So long term it will cost them but they might buy one NC out of it in the short term.
And look where it took FSU…

They're using the NIL to recruit. They can. It's not against the NIL rules in the state of Texas. Jimbo admitted to it the first day of the early signing period during an interview with Finebaum. It's no secret around coaching circles in collegiate football.

The question is how do other schools respond? The majority of the Group of Five schools can't compete so maybe this will be one step closer to the A5.
I was talking more to the 25-30 million being spent. I’m not buying into it being that much cash and if it is, it’s not we’ll spent money.

There is probably no way the NCAA will ever be able to lay sanctions on a school for improper monetary benefits now that we have NIL. It will take a team of astrophysicist to figure out the money trail, but such as the times we live in now.

I lost all respect for Jimbo when he was at Florida State and he let Winston act like a total ass and never pulled him off the field, he wanted that championship and he knew crab legs was his only chance to get it.

I’m sure he is selling all of those kids on look what we did I be safe and I’m the only one we are going to be a monster in the west blah blah blah, truth is he may have a year or two where he has a good run but he will not be able to sustain it more than likely.

The NCAA couldn't figure it out when it was illegal and right under their noses, so you're right, they won't figure anything out.

i don't think Jimbo is good enough of a coach to be able to coach up all of that talent. For every Bryce Young 5-star, there's 10 or more BJ Scott 5 stars. Let's see if all those stars he signs actually pan out. Talent wise they may be the greatest team ever on paper, but let's see what the product is on the field.

i don't think Jimbo is good enough of a coach to be able to coach up all of that talent. For every Bryce Young 5-star, there's 10 or more BJ Scott 5 stars. Let's see if all those stars he signs actually pan out. Talent wise they may be the greatest team ever on paper, but let's see what the product is on the field.

Thats one year. Remember bama has 5 years recruiting at that level HONESTLY

As does UGA and OSU

Talent is one thing. Development of talent is another

Remember all those 5* had and they were competitive but only resulted in a single NC and the luck they had that year was unbelievable

Why I never worry about missing out on a 5*. To come to Bama you’re going to have to work to make the field no matter what level you are… takes the lazy/entitlement out of a lot of these kids from day one.

aTm going to have to hope they have kids that are motivated to get better. When you’re the best on day one it’s awful easy to get lazy and Jimbo doesn’t have a track record of holding players accountable.

Thats one year. Remember bama has 5 years recruiting at that level HONESTLY

As does UGA and OSU

Talent is one thing. Development of talent is another

Remember all those 5* had and they were competitive but only resulted in a single NC and the luck they had that year was unbelievable
Why I say it’s not sustainable… are the boosters willing to spend that kinda cash every year? That’s a lot of jack to throw around.

Back
Top Bottom