| RECRUIT Texas A&M Boosters Spent Unfathomable Amount Of Money To Land No. 1 Recruiting Class

Max

Oklahoma Insider “SlicedBread” is a verified staff member on the 247Sports’ Sooners-affiliated site, OUInsider. There is a checkmark next to his/her name on the site, which means he/she is a legitimate source, despite his/her name perhaps alluding otherwise.

According to SlicedBread, the Aggies spent between $25 and $30 million to sure-up the nation’s top class. The effort was targeted and coordinated.

FIJuVYUXwAQ3NUf

No, you can offer NIL deals to any player now. It's part of the deal. You're not supposed to offer deals on behalf of the school to players but if "Buds Weed Dispensery" offers you 250k to go to TAMU without true tie to the school. It's just another NIL deal. At least, that's the way I've heard it spelled out

Isn't that by definition a tie to the school? That does not seem right but when has the NCAA ever done anything w/o making a mess of it?
It's heresay, they're going to say "Here's the money to go to TAMU" this deal is void if you don't go. Then if they don't sign, the deal mysteriously disappears. It's like a bag man in recruiting. They'll want that money back if you lie and don't follow through but if you do, you'll get a new multi-year deal for your college days.

It's heresay, they're going to say "Here's the money to go to TAMU" this deal is void if you don't go. Then if they don't sign, the deal mysteriously disappears. It's like a bag man in recruiting. They'll want that money back if you lie and don't follow through but if you do, you'll get a new multi-year deal for your college days.
So no contract signed or if it does that part is not in writing? If not in writing then will not hold up in any courts if the business does not pay up. Eventually that will come back to haunt people also. If they do that enough recruits will see through it.

That's true, but that's why you form a new LLC, so that you can declare bankruptcy. Pay nothing, and avoid any issues that fall back on your shoulders. Tons of ways to avoid it, maybe it gets around, but it could also land them Top recruiting classes for the next 5 years before someone catches on and that could be enough to win a few championships and set-up the program for success. Lots of ways to avoid legal issues and tying this to the name of the university.

This is not gonna just blow up at aTm, but everywhere IMO. What happens when you have 3 QB's all 5* and expecting to play? If you are stacked at every position, you can't give playing time to all of them. This is when the transfer portal will light up even more. Playing time will be more valuable than the money itself. You can't create value for yourself riding the pine and not getting an opportunity to show your skill set to the pros.

After early signing day Coach Saban said how it was supposed to be done and I thought it was like I said but I’m not 100. It was right after they asked about Deion sanders getting number 1 recruit.

It will rot them from within and without. Pay attention to attitudes at aTm going forward. They are going balls to the wall to “out Texas” Texas and supposedly Texas only has the booster meddling as a staple in their diet. aTm now has both.

Pathic....

The intent was to allow players to benefit from use of likeness...
Not to all out buy recruits...

It’s like all feel good policies … the unintended consequences far outweigh the original intent. In this case, NIL proponents should have easily foreseen the ability of wealthy alumni to purchase recruiting classes. I’ve posted a number of comments on A&M’s class starting back in October. Their record breaking class didn’t come as a result of a new charismatic coach in his second year bringing extraordinary excitement to a blue blood program; it didn’t come as a result of a conference championship or a national championship bump … it came as a result of the NIL policy allowing A&M’s wealthy boosters to buy recruits. Schools no longer have to hire great recruiters or perform well on the field … they just have to have boosters with deep pockets who are willing to fork over huge chunks of money to elite high school kids.

Though different time and circumstances, this will end ala *aU in 2010, theWho in 2019 etc. The UTexas oil people not going to like this...they will try to get the upper hand.

25 to 30 million a year isn't really sustainable if you're paying recruits. That money would be better served to be put into the program to hire analyst around the country to evaluate players at a young age and then develop those relationships with those kids you target as being what you need in your program.

I have a hard time believing that aTm is really doing what was posted, but if they are then I don't think it will end well to bring a bunch of entitled players onto your team and try to get them to function as a unit. I would think it would make Jimbo's job a lot harder to win a championship which takes a lot more than just having the talent on the team... as we have found out in years past.

Back
Top Bottom