OK ST 20.6 PPG
Oklahoma 20.7 PPG

This would rank 8th, 10th, and 11th in the SEC

Total Defense leaders:

Oklahoma 315 YPG
Texas 323 YPG
OK ST 336 YPG

These teams would all rank in the bottom three of the SEC

stats are worthless to compare as games are decided on the field, not on paper.

I personally would love to see the Bama defense show up the 2nd half and stop letting teams score like they do in the 1st half.

planomateo said:
stats are worthless to compare as games are decided on the field, not on paper.

I personally would love to see the Bama defense show up the 2nd half and stop letting teams score like they do in the 1st half.

I agree with you, but it would certainly help if the defense wasn't on the field the entire 2nd half.

Tider27 said:
I want to play a Big 12 school in a BCS game badly this season.

I don't know about BCS, but we have a VERY good chance to face a Big12 team right now.

With the way things are going, about the lowest bowl we would get invited to is the Cotton Bowl.

at the end of the day any team can win. believe it really gets down to coaching and the team chemistry. the level of play between schools these days is not what it use to be. the number of spots on a team has decreased over the years (yes, i'm going back some time i know) and the talent pool is HUGE these days. yeah, some conferences are tougher than others, but at the end, it's really easy to lose to any team if you didn't prepare.

I am probably in the minority, but I like Mike Leach. He is insane, but I do believe that he is a good coach. During our coaching search, he openly stated that he would take the job if offered, and that he would keep Joe Kines and let him have total control of running the defense.

I don't know how the dude could recruit, but his offense + Kines' defense is enough to make you stop and think. People like to hold up the 2005/6 cotton bowl match up with them in cotton bowl as an example of how his offense would not work in the SEC, but that was an incredible defense and Texas Tech has a team made up of 40th ranked recruiting classes.

All that said, I am happy we have Saban, but I don't want Leach in the SEC.

TerryP said:
Tider27 said:
I want to play a Big 12 school in a BCS game badly this season.

I don't know about BCS, but we have a VERY good chance to face a Big12 team right now.

With the way things are going, about the lowest bowl we would get invited to is the Cotton Bowl.

Come on Terry, you know a BCS match up would be great. It's a possibility. :D

Big_Fan said:
I am probably in the minority, but I like Mike Leach. He is insane, but I do believe that he is a good coach. During our coaching search, he openly stated that he would take the job if offered, and that he would keep Joe Kines and let him have total control of running the defense.

I don't know how the dude could recruit, but his offense + Kines' defense is enough to make you stop and think. People like to hold up the 2005/6 cotton bowl match up with them in cotton bowl as an example of how his offense would not work in the SEC, but that was an incredible defense and Texas Tech has a team made up of 40th ranked recruiting classes.

All that said, I am happy we have Saban, but I don't want Leach in the SEC.

I love the guy as well.

so will Texas Tech be able to outgun Texas next week... This is a HUGE game for Tech (I wouldn't be surprised if the Game Day Goons are there in Lubbock). believe this will be the biggest game they have EVER played in (with the exception of the '05 Cotton Bowl).

planomateo said:
so will Texas Tech be able to outgun Texas next week... This is a HUGE game for Tech (I wouldn't be surprised if the Game Day Goons are there in Lubbock). believe this will be the biggest game they have EVER played in (with the exception of the '05 Cotton Bowl).

G. Harrell can light it up for sure. But one thing I noticed today--that QB does not like to get hit at all.

But then again, he's not used to it, having only been sacked once all season going into today's game.

Should make for an entertaining game next week. I'm pulling for the Red Raiders, though I believe the Longhorns will be too much for them.

What's the over/under for the game? :D

Back
Top Bottom