| FTBL Terry Bowden crying for a coaching job?

G

So if the past eight years are any indication of what the 2007 season will hold, there is no doubt in my mind that we're in for a great one.

It's funny, though, just when you think you've got it all figured out – which games will be the big ones, which players will play great, which coaches will have great seasons – a team like Boise State will jump up and bite you in the fanny. But that's what makes the game of college football the greatest game on earth and the sport that I love so much.

I certainly thought I had it all figured out. I'm undefeated in every game I've written about here on Yahoo! Sports. Those seats in the studio, the booth and the press box are as good as it gets. They give you that bird's eye view of all the action. But after all these years, I've come to a very personal realization.

Folks, I just can't sit and watch anymore. I need to be standing on the sideline. I need to reach down and pick some grass to toss into the wind. I need to scream in a quarterback's ear. I need to reach up and grab that linebacker by the facemask. I need to call the play that wins – or loses – the game. As much as I love writing about the game, I just need to be a part of the action again.

I sure am excited for the 2007 season, but I'm even more excited about what may come in 2008.

He does need to start coaching again, because he's slacked off on his writing. I found several errors warranting correction:

Folks, I just can't sit and watch anymore. I need to be standing on the sideline. I need to reach UP and pick some grass to toss into the wind. I need to scream in a quarterback's REAR. I need to reach up and grab that linebacker by the JOCK STRAP. I need to call DIDDY TO GET the play that wins – or loses – the game. As much as I love writing about the game, I just need to be a part of the action again.
:D :D

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
He does need to start coaching again, because he's slacked off on his writing. I found several errors warranting correction:

Folks, I just can't sit and watch anymore. I need to be standing on the sideline. I need to reach UP and pick some grass to toss into the wind. I need to scream in a quarterback's REAR. I need to reach up and grab that linebacker by the JOCK STRAP. I need to call DIDDY TO GET the play that wins – or loses – the game. As much as I love writing about the game, I just need to be a part of the action again.
:D :D

RTR,

Tim

:lol:

Too bad TB didn't say anything about guts or you could have inserted a semicolon. :wink:

He is going to need to start off at a Middle Tenn, East Carolina, Tulane. No way anyone gives him a legit D1 program. That would be like driving a car blindfolded.

I dont know if he will ever coach again, but I have to say that his radio show that broadcasts out of Orlando is pretty good. It is called (not suprisingly) "The Terry Bowden Show: With Daniel Domm(sp)".

I listened to that show for over two years and he was often VERY complimentary of Alabama which was nice to hear. He would bring up Alabama, how he feared playing them, the energy in Bryant Denny and our tradition. Needless to say, hearing his genuine comments was endearing. I like him.

If you get a chance to listen to his show, give it a try. It is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom