Team update 3.0 (UPDATE: FOOTBALL CONTENT MOVED TO FEATURED THREAD AT THE TOP)

CrimsonBoz

Commander
Ok ladies and gents, team update thread until kickoff.

Few notes for today:

None of the injuries yesterday are serious, a few days and everyone should be back to normal.

Chris Black was still limited some but I think he will be 100% on ankle by game time.

Drake's hamstring seems to be doing well he was not limited.

If you missed the scrimmage thread please look through it

Consensus amongst insiders, coaches, talents scouts is that Alec Morris and Cooper Bateman are the top dogs with regard to the QB position. This week will tell me alot in regards to how they practice and start splitting 1st team reps.

As always Roll Tide!

Boz, in your opinion, how do Morris and Bateman compare to Gmac? Can either lead this team all the way, considering overall talent and defense? What is your gut feeling so far after watching the latest scrimmage?

Boz, in your opinion, how do Morris and Bateman compare to Gmac? Can either lead this team all the way, considering overall talent and defense? What is your gut feeling so far after watching the latest scrimmage?

Morris is more like GMAC, smart and isn't really a world beater but solid.

Bateman is an athlete who could play other positions for many other schools. He has a nice edge and a high ceiling.

Question is does saban want super safe or the best talent. Hard to say. I'll know more this week.

@CrimsonBoz, I imagine CNS is leaning toward super safe with this defense and the leg of JK Scott on this team. Bateman may be able to make some plays with his feet similar to Blake, but you know that Saban's ass was puckered up everytime Blake took off with that ball just hanging out there.

@CrimsonBoz, I imagine CNS is leaning toward super safe with this defense and the leg of JK Scott on this team. Bateman may be able to make some plays with his feet similar to Blake, but you know that Saban's ass was puckered up everytime Blake took off with that ball just hanging out there.

Nailed it. I truly think Saban wants Morris.

You know who I want to start? To guy who will lead us to #16!!!

Hello Boz. I want to thank you for your detailed and thorough analysis of the 2015 Tide!

Regarding your statement "Consensus amongst insiders, coaches, talents scouts is that Alec Morris and Cooper Bateman are the top dogs with regard to the QB position," do you regard the Coker experiment as effectively defunct? I ask because I continue to find posts and articles that list Coker and Morris as the current two top candidates. Many sports media outlets do not even mention Bateman as a serious contender.

Hello Boz. I want to thank you for your detailed and thorough analysis of the 2015 Tide!

Regarding your statement "Consensus amongst insiders, coaches, talents scouts is that Alec Morris and Cooper Bateman are the top dogs with regard to the QB position," do you regard the Coker experiment as effectively defunct? I ask because I continue to find posts and articles that list Coker and Morris as the current two top candidates. Many sports media outlets do not even mention Bateman as a serious contender.
No problem! Everyone and I mean everyone at the scrimmage said the same thing about coker. If he plays It would shock everyone. I just don't see how he is an option.

Going in a different direction here...You mentioned that a big part of the change in defense was the big change in S&C. Can you elaborate any on the changes? I know there is a greater concentration on cardio, but can you be any more specific? Are we doing a better job with the nutritionist? It seems, in the past,, she was really limiting their calorie intake, and using some Old world junk science in developing some meal plans.

Back
Top Bottom