| PRO SUPER BOWL LVII : 6:30 ET on FOX Sports.

Well. ITs football. But no big party or anything. Few people. Ribs from bama bbq in northport.

They put dang game on so late. And draw it out. Ridiculous

Pulling for philly because of bama players but KC and their QB are so awesome.

Saw where some players were kneeling... but for PRAYERS only.

I will be pulling for Philly, but will not be watching. I can't remember the last time I watch a full Super Bowl. The half time show isn't something I would play good money for either.
On the other hand, you're choosing not to watch what could be the best story of an Alabama football player in the school's history with Jalen.

I've no interest in commercials as it stands and have never been a fan of the halftime shows. My German side has a lot of interest in seeing a lot eat their own words with Hurts.

Schadenfreude Sunday!

Fox has said it will be free for all in HD and 4K on their app without login required. So those with a 4K TV but without a 4K provider can catch it in 4K HDR. It's really still an HD stream upscaled, but it looks a lot better than a regular feed.

5 players connected to the state of Alabama.

Jalen Hurts: Bama QB

Devonte Smith: Bama WR and Heisman winner.

Landon Dickerson: Bama OL

Quez Watkins: Athens HS WR (Southern Miss).

Reed Blankenship. West Limestone HS. (Middle Tennessee State).

That's all I know.
There may be some I'm missing.

Well. ITs football. But no big party or anything. Few people. Ribs from bama bbq in northport.

They put dang game on so late. And draw it out. Ridiculous

Pulling for philly because of bama players but KC and their QB are so awesome.

Saw where some players were kneeling... but for PRAYERS only.
How does Bama BBQ compare to Archibald's and Dreamland? They're on McFarland, right?

How does Bama BBQ compare to Archibald's and Dreamland? They're on McFarland, right?
Everyones taste is different.

We really do not lkke Archibalds ribs n sauce

Dreamland ribs are great and sauce is great. Sometimes though they are a bit tough and dry. I am sure it's according to when you get them

Bama BBQ ribs are meaty and tender without being gooey or over soft. Their sauce is tasty
Without taking away rib flavor
The restaurant is on 82w in northport. Better take out

We bought these for sugar bowl and didn't heat them back So dont know what ffreezer time will do

Do y'all remember when the halftime show changed? And why?

About a year ago I made an off-handed comment to @50+yeartidefan throwing a Wayan's line in the conversation, "Homie don't play that." He missed it. 😲 I remember thinking, "that man has never seen In Living Color." Shocked me.

The year before Michael Jackson made his debut in the halftime show more people flipped over to Fox and watched In Living Color than stayed with CBS for their Dorothy Hamill skating bit.

You want a time frame? That was about a month after we saw Stallings team beat Miami in the Sugar.

BTW, MJ rocked that halftime show; truly original entertainment.

I remember thinking, "that man has never seen In Living Color." Shocked me.
Maybe he did watch it. Was pretty edgy for TV at the time it came out. Wife and I had only been married a couple years when it came out on Fox. Fox needed to establish itself so they were more shock TV at times. This was another of those progressive things you just did not see on TV at the time.

1676227323893.jpeg

1676227373974.jpeg

BTW, MJ rocked that halftime show; truly original entertainment.
No way you can put his show ahead of Up With People.

But seriously, Jackson was the first single entertainer to have the whole show to themselves. Chubby Checker shared it with The Rockettes and some marching bands. New Kids on the Block had to share with Disney characters and some kids. And of course the year with ice skating had Gloria Estefan performing a little along with the skating and such. Even then they still had a "Theme" most years to fit everything to. I think it was not long after 9/11 when they started going with one Headliner and special guests and no theme.

Prince perfected it, nothing like Purple Rain in the freaking rain.

Any of you remember The Who doing the half time show? It was on CBS and The Who was letting them use three song for the CIS TV shows. Yes, that was the Half time show.

Back
Top Bottom