| FTBL strength & conditioning

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
I was debating if this is the correct thread to post this on, but here goes. I heard that you can request the workout and conditioning program for different positions on the football team from the strength and conditioning coach at most universities. I am into working out and looking for a new routine. Does anyone know if Bama would provide such a program for us civilians, and if so, how could I contact someone for my request? Maybe you guys can help.
 
G

Guest

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I was debating if this is the correct thread to post this on, but here goes. I heard that you can request the workout and conditioning program for different positions on the football team from the strength and conditioning coach at most universities. I am into working out and looking for a new routine. Does anyone know if Bama would provide such a program for us civilians, and if so, how could I contact someone for my request? Maybe you guys can help.

I don't know, but I wouldn't do it this week. :shock: :wink:
 

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
thanks JDeere, funny you found that because I have been doing the BLACKSHIRT workout for a while now. I am just looking for something different now. The Nebraska football workout is all about power cleans, deadlifts, and squats galore. It is a great workout and I'm hoping that Bama has something a little bit different.
 

alagator

Verified Member
Century Club
JohnDeere said:
Forget Bama, study the program that took strength training to the next level. Nebraska.

www.strengthdisk.com

http://www.strengthdisk.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=105&KEY=&ATCLID=32034
The Nebraska S&C program lost a lot of its luster, and effectiveness, when the NCAA imposed random drug testing.

Their program was as much successful because of the 'supplements' made available to the players as it was the iron in the weight room.

Ever noticed that in the current era where every other football program in D-1 has bigger and bigger linemen and more cut and chiseled skill players, the Nebraska program is filled with smaller and lest cut players than they had 17 or 18 years ago?
 

shipley00

Century Club
For what it's worth, I've been hearing ads on the radio here in Huntsville about "D1" sports conditioning. They are tide to a sports medicin group and have Phillip Rivers as a partial owner and Lamanski Hall as an employee and spokesperson.

They "specialize" in providing the same type of S&C that major D1 schools provide.
 
G

Guest

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
thanks JDeere, funny you found that because I have been doing the BLACKSHIRT workout for a while now. I am just looking for something different now. The Nebraska football workout is all about power cleans, deadlifts, and squats galore. It is a great workout and I'm hoping that Bama has something a little bit different.

Does it actually have good results? I have been looking for something new besides a split routine.
 

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
I have enjoyed it because it is short but intense. It only takes about forty-five minutes to complete. It is a twelve week program that the players would begin in the spring. The first four weeks have reps of 10. The second four have 5 reps. The last four are just 3 reps but really heavy.
 

Outlaw

Verified Member
Century Club
Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
I have enjoyed it because it is short but intense. It only takes about forty-five minutes to complete. It is a twelve week program that the players would begin in the spring. The first four weeks have reps of 10. The second four have 5 reps. The last four are just 3 reps but really heavy.

How are the results?
 

Chuck-E-Cheeze

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
i got much stronger. especially in the core lifts. I should also mention that this workout should not be done in a public gym. It looks rediculous. I would recommend buying an olympic bar w/ squat rack + bench, 500 lbs of plates(for heavy deadlifts), and a thick rubber mat. You'll also need a pull-up bar.
 
Top Bottom