| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Star Trek: Picard

TerryP

Staff
I haven't watched the latest Star Trek series.* CBS All Access? Not worth my dime. But damn, if they don't go and pull this one from the bottom of the deck.

Sir Patrick Stewart no less.

* At some point I plan to watch that series. Lead character was pretty good in TWD.

I'm a serious Star Trek fan. watched them all and Voyager was my least favorite. The new series is quite good. The first season was clunky but like all series it was just getting it's legs under it. First 2 seasons fleshed out the characters and has tied the original with the Next generation with the early rise of the Borg that turns out to be a federation AI that has gone rogue.

BTW, one of the thoughts I had when I first saw that movie had to do with the music playing when he was in the 'Vette. I see the question repeated often now a day, "Was Kirk listening to Classical music?"

(The ringtone made me laugh. I guess somethings won't change, eh?)

Almost four years and it moves into my queue. S1E1 ... and with taking the weekend off how far does it go? The cast mates from TNG in S3 caught my attention: it was released yesterday.

My queue :rolleyes: I've got around 15 things bookmarked right now ... watching six, maybe seven?

@TerryP, I love it. Gotta wonder what else is in town.
They do have a museum of a sort for Star Trek. William Shatner was in town for a bit of a movie, I think it was. He made some calls and helped get a lot of stuff for the museum.

They also have their own Star Trek themed merchandise. I did get a Star Fleet Academy shirt, I think it was. I just made sure not to get a red shirt.
D407A978-B7E9-46CC-BECD-232858F10C7F.jpeg6F11E6C0-BB1B-46B2-A1E2-20516F5DD88B.jpegB4C2CED4-33B2-40C7-AC32-1C5972EE74D8.jpeg4123A960-A6B4-433C-AD28-8EDFC5EBE684.jpeg55F221AE-8C3D-47D9-935B-A047C4ED4B48.jpeg

OK , had to look something up. When Shatner went there they thought he was filming a movie. It wasn’t…

Invasion Iowa - Wikipedia

PremiseEdit

The series depicts events from September 2004, in which William Shatner played a hoax on the small town of Riverside, Iowa, by claiming to film a science fiction movie there. Unbeknownst to the residents of Riverside, the movie was in fact fake, a satire on the genre. In front of and behind the cameras, Shatner and his purported entourage performed a parody of Hollywood and celebrity culture. Producers designed the various plots and gags to elicit reactions from the townspeople. Shatner played the part of the eccentric star and improvisational actors were hired as members of his entourage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom