| FTBL Spurrier's Punch at Ohio St????

bamarolls

Was that a punch at Ohio State by Spurrier about if Vandy would have played 6 little ole teams instead of top twenty five teams like Bama, Georgia, and Auburn then Vandy would be #1 too.

Ohio State only plays two ranked teams all year. #23 Purdue (at the time) and #25 Michigan. How is it possible to be ranked #1 in the country when you don't play anyone. Don't answer that I know but it is not fair.

it's ok guys, they'll just go undefeated have a 2 month layoff (since they play Big 10 ball and they're too good to have a championship) then make it to the NC game again this year and get their backside handed to them, again.

StuckNMS said:
it's ok guys, they'll just go undefeated have a 2 month layoff (since they play Big 10 ball and they're too good to have a championship) then make it to the NC game again this year and get their backside handed to them, again.

WORD! lol

Look out for that TOUGH "Horseshoe" atmosphere! EVERYONE know that Ohio State doesn't lose to "St. Peters State Tech" at home. lol

When you have nuts like Corso, Fowler and Herbstreit riding teams from the BIG TEN...we can't expect much else. The media props these clowns up only to watch them get BODY SLAMMED when it means the most.

~Bryan

Here is what I think, and I may have posted it before. The BCS national title game should be closed to teams who do not play in league championship games or play "round robins" within their conference. This would force the Golden Dumbers to join the Big 11 if they wanted to win a national championship. The PAC 10 plays a round robin (Every team in the conference plays every other team in the conference every year) so they could get in. That seems to be the only fair way to handle the situation without a playoff.

I was listening to Shaun Salisbury the other morning and he was talking about it as well. He was talking about how much he also loves college football and mentioned OSU. He's basically like, "OSU might be #1 but if they played LSU what do you think would happen? What if they played USC?"

Basically everyone was in agreement that while OSU might be #1 on paper that's about where it begins and ends. They're not making anyone tremble in their cleats that's for sure.

porkchop said:
I was listening to Shaun Salisbury the other morning and he was talking about it as well. He was talking about how much he also loves college football and mentioned OSU. He's basically like, "OSU might be #1 but if they played LSU what do you think would happen? What if they played USC?"

Basically everyone was in agreement that while OSU might be #1 on paper that's about where it begins and ends. They're not making anyone tremble in their cleats that's for sure.

That's not the problem really. Its that they could be playing for the title. BCS is just crap PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

Think about it BC VS OSU would you really even watch....

Optimus said:
porkchop said:

That's not the problem really. Its that they could be playing for the title. BCS is just crap PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

Think about it BC VS OSU would you really even watch....

I agree. That's a huge problem. Especially considering any team can win one game on any given day. It would be a shame for college football if OSU somehow made it through the season unscathed and managed to luck up and beat a real team in the bowl game to claim a national title.

I'm also big on a playoff system. I think what we have now isn't the answer. I say you incorperate the bowl sites into the playoffs somehow and go from there.

DustyG said:
Here is what I think, and I may have posted it before. The BCS national title game should be closed to teams who do not play in league championship games or play "round robins" within their conference. This would force the Golden Dumbers to join the Big 11 if they wanted to win a national championship. The PAC 10 plays a round robin (Every team in the conference plays every other team in the conference every year) so they could get in. That seems to be the only fair way to handle the situation without a playoff.

But that denies playoff entry to smaller, non BSC, schools that could also wipe the floor with Big 10 champs.

Ohio State's last four games this season are.....

@ Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@ Michigan

They will lose 1 or possibly 2 of those games. OSU will not be in the NC game.

Argo said:

@ Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@ Michigan

Here's a question for you. If OSU runs the table and wins those four games (two of which you say they should lose), do they not deserve a number one ranking and a shot at the title?

reger60 said:
Argo said:

@ Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@ Michigan

Here's a question for you. If OSU runs the table and wins those four games (two of which you say they should lose), do they not deserve a number one ranking and a shot at the title?

If they finish the season undefeated while everyone else has a loss.....I can't see how they don't deserve a spot in the NC game. The current systems is "Every game counts". IF OSU can win out, the only true question should be who they face. It will be complete chaos on that front.

Argo said:
reger60 said:
Argo said:

@ Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@ Michigan

If they finish the season undefeated while everyone else has a loss.....I can't see how they don't deserve a spot in the NC game. The current systems is "Every game counts". IF OSU can win out, the only true question should be who they face. It will be complete chaos on that front.

Doesn't strength of schedule factor in some where?

Optimus said:
Argo said:
reger60 said:
Argo said:

@ Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
@ Michigan

Doesn't strength of schedule factor in some where?

Not as much as it once did. Either way, IF OSU is undefeated and everyone else has a loss, the small percentage SOS will give won't be enough to keep OSU out of the NC game.

If college football isn't going to a playoff(which I don't think it will) the Big East, Big 10 and PAC 10 should all be forced to pick up a conference championship game.

Argo said:
If college football isn't going to a playoff(which I don't think it will) the Big East, Big 10 and PAC 10 should all be forced to pick up a conference championship game.

Agreed. The Big 11 ought to have a conference championship game.

Back
Top Bottom