| FOOD (Split from "Pictures of the Day.) Food trucks—the "Ol' Roach Coach?"

TerryP

Staff
1918 "food truck."

Flu2f3laUAAbVas

@TerryP and early roach coach! What we call it in the Army! :ROFLMAO:
I've heard that before; childhood. Not so much now.

It started me thinking a bit though...

You guys see a lot of food truck activity in your area? Within a few miles (radius) there are several around here; food trucks in permanent locations, almost. Yeah, it's mostly Mexican type dishes. Several have outdoor seating and what you'd call regular business hours. Yet, they're parked on a small strip of grass outside of a shopping center, or literally, just off the side of the road.

There's a business in Texas that has squared off some land, fenced in with "portals" on three sides. They lease those openings out to local food trucks/vendors with entertainment on the inside: outside, but fenced it.

I believe it has one entrance for entry fees. Like a small store, you can grab snacks, a six pack, whatever and then hit the trucks. Outdoor stage...live music...looked like a neat venue when I ran across it a few years ago.

Hell, thought about opening something similar.

I've heard that before; childhood. Not so much now.

It started me thinking a bit though...

You guys see a lot of food truck activity in your area? Within a few miles (radius) there are several around here; food trucks in permanent locations, almost. Yeah, it's mostly Mexican type dishes. Several have outdoor seating and what you'd call regular business hours. Yet, they're parked on a small strip of grass outside of a shopping center, or literally, just off the side of the road.
We have a lot of these things around here now. I know of one that just started his food truck. I don't know if it got too much for him and his wife, but he is trying to sell it. $60,000 or BO.

Here in Pensacola you’ve got “El Azadors”, in a permanent location (really dumpy). It’s also the best food truck I’ve ever had. Always pretty crowded but they do an amazing job moving people through.
Also down town has an area of “permanent food trucks” that are good. If you come through or to Pensacola gotta try El Azadors tho

Back
Top Bottom