| FOOD Southern gas stations

The 7-11 just up the street reeks of fried food every time I walk into the place. I can't/don't see why people would eat there. Even their pizza freaks me out a bit.

BUT, there's a station off of 526 in proper Charleston...I don't eat their fried food‒though I've tried their fried mushrooms, okra, etc.‒that has some of the best food I've eaten. Still home cooked in the back every morning...biscuits and all.

You would be skeptical of buying gasoline from the place, much less food...but good lord.

The 7-11 just up the street reeks of fried food every time I walk into the place. I can't/don't see why people would eat there. Even their pizza freaks me out a bit.

BUT, there's a station off of 526 in proper Charleston...I don't eat their fried food‒though I've tried their fried mushrooms, okra, etc.‒that has some of the best food I've eaten. Still home cooked in the back every morning...biscuits and all.

You would be skeptical of buying gasoline from the place, much less food...but good lord.
If you can't hear your arteries clogging and the ol' heart valves struggling when you walk in the door, it ain't worth a shit. :p

If you can't hear your arteries clogging and the ol' heart valves struggling when you walk in the door, it ain't worth a shit. :p
I jumped on Google Earth to find a pic of the place...got lost for a minute. I've got a REALLY BIG fishing hole. That little neck you see underneath "Goose?" I can grab 20+ crappie in a couple of hours.

Some of the better BBQ I've had in AL have come from those little huts/trailers on gas station properties... though that may not technically count here. For gas station food itself... I'd think most every county in AL has at least 1 worthy stop... J&J Grocery in Bessemer (burgers), Busy Bee Food Mart in Oneonta, Triple G's in Pell City, Fastime's in Daphne (they used to have awesome BBQ on the property too, but they closed down), and the Chevon in Satsuma off Hwy 43... the breakfast gumbo. You're welcome.

Some of the better BBQ I've had in AL have come from those little huts/trailers on gas station properties... though that may not technically count here. For gas station food itself... I'd think most every county in AL has at least 1 worthy stop... J&J Grocery in Bessemer (burgers), Busy Bee Food Mart in Oneonta, Triple G's in Pell City, Fastime's in Daphne (they used to have awesome BBQ on the property too, but they closed down), and the Chevon in Satsuma off Hwy 43... the breakfast gumbo. You're welcome.
You could be my brother on food.

A place opened up recently called King BBQ: Chinese BBQ. BUT:

Southbound has opened. It's a live fire cooking kitchen set downtown. I'm there, this week. The two that have this place started talking about it 10-12 years ago. Been doing their "finance" stuff for the last four, maybe five years. They push their steak. I'm told to eat the bass. "It's like camping. You smell the oak." A literal quote from a friend of mine.

You could be my brother on food.

A place opened up recently called King BBQ: Chinese BBQ. BUT:

Southbound has opened.
It's a live fire cooking kitchen set downtown. I'm there, this week. The two that have this place started talking about it 10-12 years ago. Been doing their "finance" stuff for the last four, maybe five years. They push their steak. I'm told to eat the bass. "It's like camping. You smell the oak." A literal quote from a friend of mine.

They don't have prices on the menu which probably means I can't wear shorts in there!

Heading into Bama on I-20, technically the second exit, but the first the Hell-fell-in exit, the ladies fry everything. I get about two pounds of gizzards and livers for about $4.50 and tip them $5, and I can barely chew by the time I hit Pell City. Plus, in fairness, I must recognize the biscuit place in New Georgia on State 61 between Dallas and Villa Rica. I know it's Georgia week, but those ladies can cook.

Back
Top Bottom