| FTBL So, whose the QB?

I believe we are going to have at least 2 QB's play really well... A great position to be in. The running game and OL will also help take pressure of the QB so they can relax and just play football.

I believe we are going to have at least 2 QB's play really well... A great position to be in. The running game and OL will also help take pressure of the QB so they can relax and just play football.
Who use to say...."if you have 2...you dont have 1"....
I like 1 .....name him...after he has earned it....let it be his team....let everyone rally around him...
Sure some other will be be butthurt...and leave... ok...go
Have young QBs on the roster,.l.have super QB coming in nextyear...

Who use to say...."if you have 2...you dont have 1"....
Misquoted a bit, but that's from John Madden.

Quite frankly, it doesn't hold true now as much as it did a quarter of a century ago. Is it going to be suggested that Florida didn't have a quarterback when they were playing Leak and Tebow? Or, Bama didn't have a QB when Tua was starting with Jalen on the bench? Last year, with UT...we'll see what Milton brings to the field this season.

Quite frankly, it doesn't hold true now as much as it did a quarter of a century ago. Is it going to be suggested that Florida didn't have a quarterback when they were playing Leak and Tebow? Or, Bama didn't have a QB when Tua was starting with Jalen on the bench? Last year, with UT...we'll see what Milton brings to the field this season.
It's still true when you have no clue who your #1 is. Your two examples have a clear #1 and #2, and are not rotate by series stuff that Spurrier used to do.

It's still true when you have no clue who your #1 is. Your two examples have a clear #1 and #2, and are not rotate by series stuff that Spurrier used to do.
The football playing time issue will become a nightmare with NIL and the portal…there is no loyalty to a program anymore.. most of these kids now are primadonnas and hired guns..

And yet, with all three examples, the guy next in line would have done just as well. Need I remind you of a third string quarterback from Ohio State?

I don't know if Kiffin has named his starter yet. Only a fool would say he doesn't have quarterbacks.

Doesn't surprise me that it's misquoted...lol

But i think it was more to do with whose team it is...I remember the Watts-Zow stuff..
I think changing week to week...was disruptive...

But...Nick has done ok...with managing QBs

The football playing time issue will become a nightmare with NIL and the portal…there is no loyalty to a program anymore.. most of these kids now are primadonnas and hired guns..
exaggeration-you-know-what.gif

Florida and Spurrier rotated Doug Johnson and Noah Brindise play by play in 1997 vs #1 Florida St - an unheard of practice - and they beat the best team in the country.

Amazing, considering that they didn't have a QB according to an obsolete coach's saying.

Back
Top Bottom