| FTBL so... what about them 'dores??

G

i read the piece on the front page (very nice by the way) and it seems we just need to stop bennett. if thats so, would we just stick simeon on him the whole game or was that the plan to begin with. how do ya'll think they will match up. it seems to me that they allowed the spiders to move the ball very well for a div. whatever they are. i've just heard alot of hoopla about them being a ball buster this year, and to me they really did'nt show it on sat., at least on defense. anyway just wanted some feed back on what ya'll think will happen in nashville.

I see Vandy being a more formidible test for us but they're still not a top notch SEC team this year. Their defense will play us a better ball game than WCU, and so will their offense, but neither is lights-out, top of the conference.

Offensively they have a very blue-collar rushing attack, meaning they are steady and plodding, though not especially spectacular. Given our thin depth up front though this could be a problem for us. Any team that will settle for pounding it inside for 3-4 yards at a time will be a problem for us. The Vandy passing attack is exciting with Nickson and Bennett but tends to fare better against weaker defenses. Is BAMA a weaker defense this year? Probably. But we're basing this off one game and pre-season info. I think that BAMA has the chance to improve defensively as the year goes on. This week would be a perfect time to begin doing it.

Defensively, they can't stop us and they know it. They just don't have the talent to match up with Hall, Brown, McCoy, Walker, Wilson and Grant. They'll hope for a shootout with a chance to win it late.

Vandy's going to be tougher but a lot of that depends on our defense. If we correct some things we could win walking away. If we struggle, it could be a shootout.

We're not deep enough yet to overlook them and from the enthusiasm that I saw Sat night from Coach Saban against WC he'll have them focused for the 1st SEC road trip. I sensed he really does want to restore the BAMA nations pride. He led them out of the tunnel to start the 2nd half and was clapping as they came to the sideline......holding a commanding lead. It was still WC but.......I haven't seen that in about 11 years. The Dore's will be gunning to wreck his SEC debut. For that matter......we have a bullseye on our shirt in every game. The last thing any team in the SEC wants is for Alabama to return to prominence. a$# Alabama 27 Vanderbilt 10

i'll tell you i was alot more worried about vandy before sat. night (not that im not now). i guess for some reason i thought they had a pretty good defense. if we shut down bennett, i think we will be okay. i hope we can handle the run this weekend, because it only gets better in coming weeks.

I thought Bama looked sharp. Even though it was WCU, most teams are sloppy in their openers. The defense was a lil weak, but I've always heard that teams improve the most between game 1 and game 2. It seemed to me that all of shula's teams started out good but as the season went along they started declining. I'm pretty confident that Bama will get better and better with each game they play.

Making those minor corrections is why we hired him :o

I think Saban recognizes the problem, and the fourth quarter program should've allowed the D to be more physical, they just weren't executing properly. So I dont think it is a question of ability.

I am sure it will be different next week, as evident in the second half yesterday where we began to hit harder and act more aggressively. I gaurantee it will be the focus of attention this week.

That and I am sure we only used the basic plays on both sides of the ball, + Prince Hall will be back.

Most of the 172 rushing yards that Vandy allowed to Richmond came in the first half. The 'Dores came a tad more intense after the break. Nickson is a weapon and should not be ignored. The key to the game will be turnovers, Bama's rushing attack, and whether or not Castille can hang with Bennett without constant help.

RTR

Supergenius said:
Most of the 172 rushing yards that Vandy allowed to Richmond came in the first half. The 'Dores came a tad more intense after the break. Nickson is a weapon and should not be ignored. The key to the game will be turnovers, Bama's rushing attack, and whether or not Castille can hang with Bennett without constant help.

RTR

We're also talking about a team that was way down in the second half and forced to come back. They arent going to do that by running the ball.

If Vandy gave up 150 in the first and only 22 in the second I would wager it was because Richmond decided to pass on almost every down in the second in an attempt to get back in it with quick scores.

porkchop said:
Supergenius said:

RTR

We're also talking about a team that was way down in the second half and forced to come back. They arent going to do that by running the ball.

If Vandy gave up 150 in the first and only 22 in the second I would wager it was because Richmond decided to pass on almost every down in the second in an attempt to get back in it with quick scores.

There you go again, making sense!

RTR

Supergenius said:
porkchop said:
Supergenius said:

RTR

There you go again, making sense!

RTR

LOL! My bad! :|

:lol:

Our 24 hours of celebration is over! Time to focus on beating those commode doors!

bathroom_stall.jpg

Vandy has a very talented QB(from Alabama, who wanted to be at Bama)..their d will be tough as alwasy in SEC play. This will be a good test to see what the fellows in crimson can do.

Vandy will be much tougher than WC but I think Bama will roll. There is just something about how Bama played Saturday that impressed me.

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Vandy has a very talented QB(from Alabama, who wanted to be at Bama)..their d will be tough as alwasy in SEC play. This will be a good test to see what the fellows in crimson can do.

It's a shame at how many 'Bama boy QBs got away...

Last year we had JP, Brandon Cox, Henig (*cue laughter here*), Nickson, Smelley, Jamarcus, and Pat White all out there.

Pretty stocked with QBs I'd say...

a friend i graduated with plays DE (Kikko Logan) for Vandy and when he came down this summer, man he talked smack. said Bennett was gun mash us. but i see Simeon & Kareem Jackson double teaming Bennett for the better part of the game. i think defensively if we dont let them pound the hell out of us on the ground and hold Bennett reasonably in check we will take it easy because they just cant simply match up to us defensively. having Prince Hall back will help us out alot. i wanna see both McClain & Hall playing inside together. we have too much talent on our 'O' and Arenas is gonna make it that much easier for the 'O' in the return game. i see us relying heavily on Jimmy Johns to pound it and then Terry Grant to make the Defense chase him all over the field with his sick cuts and speed. Then JP & Hall will make the DB's look foolish. there worse problem is not only do they have to cover DJ Hall, Nakita Stover, Mike McCoy, Earl Alexander, Will Oakley, & Nick Walker but this week we have Keith Brown back. i can see Grant going over 130 yards again and JP throwing for almost 300 yards. throw in Jimmy Johns pounding away 70+ yards this could be a signature game for our offense to show the SEC what is in store for them.

Vandy is also returning their TE who is a very talented player as well.

I expect to see Brown or Hall line up in the slot position on a few occasions. It'll be up to a LB to cover them, and getting open is almost a given from that position.

While I had concerns about this game a few weeks ago, seeing the way the team performed at WCU has quelched a lot of those fears.

Back
Top Bottom