| FTBL Skip on ESPN...Bama vs Florida

BamaFan19

Verified Member
is the biggest idiot that I have ever seen on a television screen. Apparently we have no shot at beating Florida in the SECCG, in his mind. Seems like every time we play a big team(Georgia, Clemson)we have no shot. I don't care if we are the underdog or the top pick, we are UNDEFEATED so far. Florida has a loss, in their own house, to a rebuilding Ole Miss team. Not only did they lose, they struggled. We struggled against Ole Miss, but we overcame just like they did. If we play the gators, which would be an awesome game, our O-line and depth at RB will prevail once again. ESPN will then have to admit they're wrong and say that Bama isn't having a fluke perfect season. I'm going to go check my blood pressure and take a breather. :evil:

Florida looks good, man. But LSU and UGA have shaky defenses, to say the least. If Alabama plays Florida, it will be the first time Florida's offense has faced a defense and a defensive coaching staff of that calaber, while at the same time it will the first time Alabama has faced an offense and an offensive coaching staff of that caliber. If we don't turn the ball over, we will beat Florida. Turn it over more than twice and they probably blow us out by 2 or three scores.

rolltyroll said:
Florida looks good, man. But LSU and UGA have shaky defenses, to say the least. If Alabama plays Florida, it will be the first time Florida's offense has faced a defense and a defensive coaching staff of that calaber, while at the same time it will the first time Alabama has faced an offense and an offensive coaching staff of that caliber. If we don't turn the ball over, we will beat Florida. Turn it over more than twice and they probably blow us out by 2 or three scores.

I don't doubt Florida's ability to play good football one bit. Like you said, UGA and LSU have sub-par defense compared to their previous histories. This team we have now is gonna be their match I think. Tebow hasn't had to run North/South into a guy like Cody yet, and we have seen what an option play looks like against our DTs and secondary. The passing game will be their main priority, and that will be more than enough trouble for them. Our offense will have to show up, which has been consistent these past two games. Hopefully that trend continues into the end.RTR

Herbstreit already has us losing also...He said last night that Florida will beat us...ESPN is so anti Bama...its so obvious. We get two seconds air time and Penn State, Texas, USC get hours and hours. They have always been biased, but they have taken it to a new level this year. As for Holtz..I think he is crazy as a loon...the stuff he rambles on about :roll:

Southern Bama said:
Herbstreit already has us losing also...He said last night that Florida will beat us...ESPN is so anti Bama...its so obvious. We get two seconds air time and Penn State, Texas, USC get hours and hours. They have always been biased, but they have taken it to a new level this year. As for Holtz..I think he is crazy as a loon...the stuff he rambles on about :roll:

Yea, "Sylvester the Cat"Holtz is as big of a homer as they come. Notre Dame will never get better with Weiss there, enough said. Herby is a big Buckeyes fanatic(alum, and player), so any team that isn't in his conference will never be up to par. Penn State can just go home back to JoePa land, and USC can go surfing for a few years. As for Texas, I like Mack and Colt so I have respect for the 'Horns. :lol:

ESPN is so anti Bama...its so obvious. We get two seconds air time and Penn State, Texas, USC get hours and hours

Amen to that. When I returned to my Hotel room in Knoxville late that night/morning, we turned on Sports Center and it was Texas, Penn State, USC, someone else and then Bama. The next day it was pretty much the same story.

Oh well, just win baby.

The only way we will get any ESPN air time is if we lose a game...then it will be newsworthy for them..and Im sure they will go on and on and on about shortcomings in the program. Hell, they talked for 10 minutes the other day about Auburn and how they will turn it around, and 30 seconds on Alabamas possible letdown against Ark State....If we do lose, I wont be able to stomach the ESPN crap...may just have to delete the whole friggin channel.

I don't disagree that Florida is the sexy pick to win the SECCG. Right now they're playing really good ball.

Would they be able to do all of that against us though? Not sure. I think BAMA would give them a game and could win.

porkchop said:
I don't disagree that Florida is the sexy pick to win the SECCG. Right now they're playing really good ball.

Would they be able to do all of that against us though? Not sure. I think BAMA would give them a game and could win.

I agree they are playing outstanding ball...cant deny that at all, and a Bama / Florida SECCG would IMO be the two best in the conference. If we lose..so be it...but I think we have the D to play with Florida...Our D can do their job...can we score enough points is my concern. The loser may get USC in the Rose Bowl :?: :?: Not sure on this but I have heard it more than once.

Yup ole Herbie is being a real homer as of lately. It's OK though. I don't need their love to feel good. They've been against us this year since our showing with Kentucky. Before that you heard a lot of Bama praise. now we might get a second or two mentioned, usually about some upset or trap game for us, then they'll go back to Penn State, USC, Tebow leg humping. Let 'em be and don't let them get to ya. I'm fine with being looked at as the #1 ranked team yet biggest underdog in all of our games (somehow that's their logic). Until we show them another UGA routing, they will not give us a positive nod or honorable mention. We just need to beat LSU and then finish out or regular season just as we've been doing.

As for Florida. Yeah they are playing lights out right now but I'm with chopper. I don't feel they've played a D on our level and I feel content with playing the best the SEC East has to offer. The gators don't scare me. All that speed and finese can be extinguished with a balanced offense and stingy powerful D. We have both.

Florida has a lot of momentum right now. They are playing great football. Can they be beat...heck yeah! We can beat them as long as we DO NOT turn the ball over and can keep their offense on their heels all day. UGA had no chance and I knew it. I told those idiot delusional Dawg fans all last week they were in for a beatdown. UGA is a walking penalty. Florida played them like we did, they stopped Stafford and Knoshow...that's all the leghumpers had going for them this season. They were overrated from DAY ONE!!!

Was that the dumbest call ever by Richt, onside kick that early in the game??? :shock: :arrow: :lol:

I was saying the entire uga/fla. game, bring on the Gators! I believe we can beat em! You all remember another cocky Florida team no one believed we'd beat either...I bet the Canes remember!

The Lou Holtz era on ESPN is already getting old for me, I put him in the category of Corso and Dick Vitale of college basketball. They are all there as an act. I respect what Holtz did as a football coach but IMO he's just annoying as an analyist.

Outlaw said:
Florida is playing the best football right now in my eyes.
I agree. My heart says Bama will win, but if I pick with my head I'd go with UF as well. But like others have said on this thread, it doesn't mean crap if we don't win the next 3 games.

Outlaw said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
Outlaw said:
Florida is playing the best football right now in my eyes.

What is your opinion on Duke?

They are the fifth ranked team in college basketball. Didn't know you were a basketball fan.

North Texas is hot this year. I think they are playing some of the best and most hard nosed football this season.

FWIW, Herbie picked Florida to win the NC so that is why he has picked them to beat us in the SEC Championship that we AREN'T GUARENTEED TO PLAY IN, yet. Also, IMO, he's not a homer at all.

Back
Top Bottom