| NEWS SEC Women's Basketball: Alabama Falls in 78-74 Heartbreaker to Baylor in NCAA Tournament

. IMO he's earned the right to an adjustment period.
Hell yes he has...even if it takes a couple of years. Hell, we're talking about one season (over the last how many) where Bama didn't make the Supers and we're also talking about it's time to move on? I'd have to count ... thinking we've seen the ladies in the WCWS six of the last 10 years?

Here's what I find sad about Joni ...

UGA offered her a better opportunity in an era where the Bulldog's Athletic Dept. wouldn't spend any money on improving their little 30 yard indoor practice facility for football. A&M is willing to invest more in their women's program than UGA or UA.

An opinion ...

... too often coaching at one's alma mater is grossly over-romanticized.

Maybe this goes back to the Bears "Momma called" quote.
It does, and it's ingrained.

How many times did you say something about Wimp during this past basketball season?

It doesn't matter the sport; Bama fans live in the past. I'd be willing to bet I'll find a Jackie Traina mention before the softball season reaches the tournaments.

I'll be interested in seeing what he does in terms of filling the new full time position that will be allowed for next season. Personally, I don't think Murphy is as bad a hitting coach as some believe... but I'd absolutely be onboard with a FT hitting coach being brought in. I do think if Murphy is going to insist on being the defacto hitting coach though, then more of his focus should be there... and the added coaching position should help that. Regardless, he is going to have to make some adjustments on and off the field, or the program will begin to slip. And with the level of competition across the league, it won't be easy to recover from. I think (and certainly hope), he has enough self awareness to realize that though, and do what is necessary.
I am also hoping he fills that new position with a hitting coach. I have wondered for sometime now what each of the coaches do. Some are saying Murphy is HC and hitting coach, there is a new pitching coach, and a former player is a volunteer coach that is always taking notes. What does the other long time coach do. All I see is her at first base Rah Rahing and on occasion when Murphy gets ejected takes over. Not trying to bash anyone or be funny. I’m being serious.

I am also hoping he fills that new position with a hitting coach. I have wondered for sometime now what each of the coaches do. Some are saying Murphy is HC and hitting coach, there is a new pitching coach, and a former player is a volunteer coach that is always taking notes. What does the other long time coach do. All I see is her at first base Rah Rahing and on occasion when Murphy gets ejected takes over. Not trying to bash anyone or be funny. I’m being serious.
Pitching, defense and fielding, with Ryan working with hitting is how I understand it to break down.

Back
Top Bottom