| FTBL Scrimmage Articles...

It’s really hard to know how to take these comments sometimes because I’ve never heard a coach say, “We had a GREAT practice today. We executed each play to perfection. We are ready to go out and win every game next season.” It’s always, “Blah, blah, blah, we lack consistency. Blah, blah, blah, got a ways to go. Blah, blah, blah need to step up.” I mean, can you ever really tell how good a team is going to be from listening to a coach’s comments?

RollTideRandy said:
It’s really hard to know how to take these comments sometimes because I’ve never heard a coach say, “We had a GREAT practice today. We executed each play to perfection. We are ready to go out and win every game next season.” It’s always, “Blah, blah, blah, we lack consistency. Blah, blah, blah, got a ways to go. Blah, blah, blah need to step up.” I mean, can you ever really tell how good a team is going to be from listening to a coach’s comments?

Exactly. I was thinking when I was listening to one of his post-practice press conferences "What the hell do they expect him to say?" You here some of these media types (Wasson, et al.) complaining about his communication with the media, but there's not really anything to tell yet. All you're going to get is coachspeak, process relative to personal self-determination, blah blah. Man, I can't wait until we have some football to talk about...

It's pretty much what I expected anyway. When we win this year it will be because of our offense and when we lose it will be because of our defense. Simply because we are loaded on offense and lack depth on defense.

But no reason to worry things are definitely looking up in T-town.

I think we will probably lose any game this year in which we score 24 or fewer points. We score 25-35 and the game could probably go either way. Over 35 and we should win. That's barring overtime of course. Also, let's not forget the genius that was Gene Stallings and how he used to use offense to help the defense. If we can control the ball 40 minutes per game that will probably do a lot to help the defense. Yet, everything we seem to read indicates Saban/Applewhite want to generate a lot of BIG PLAYS of offense and doing that really doesn't help your time of possession.

Back
Top Bottom