| FTBL Scott Van Pelt rips the Burners on his radio show...

bamascott2

Verified Member
..for wanting to dump Tubby.

Van Pelt basically said that Tubby had given them great success (by Burner standards) and they were idiotic to even think about looking for another HC. In a nutshell, "who in their right mind would want to coach at AU."

He said the Burners would always play second fiddle to Bama, no matter how relevant they thought they were. Mentioned that Saban was on the verge of restoring us to our past prominence.

Of course, we all knew that.

Hmmmm, he sure wasn't singing that tune last year when I met him. Then again I met him the day after the ULM disaster. He was more than happy to tell me how thrilled his AU g'friend was about Alabama losing. :roll:

I guess winning changes a lot.

BamaDelta said:
Hmmmm, he sure wasn't singing that tune last year when I met him. Then again I met him the day after the ULM disaster. He was more than happy to tell me how thrilled his AU g'friend was about Alabama losing. :roll:

or a different girlfriend

BamaDelta said:

He did mention that the girlfriend took him to a game at Auburn last year. He said there wasn't much to do there. :lol:

SVP is an adopted Barner since his girlfriend graduated from there -- dont let him fool you, he loves himself some trailer parks. He loves to throw in the word delusional every time a Bama topic comes up.

He has been very complimentary of Saban this year though and is about as unbiased as they come.

tidentrue said:
BamaDelta said:

I know, I wonder about that. There was a pretty bad tape of him last year leaving an answering machine message for some girl he'd met. Don't know if it was true, but it was pretty pathetic.

Then again, he didn't really make the best impression on me anyway.

BamaDelta said:
tidentrue said:
BamaDelta said:

I know, I wonder about that. There was a pretty bad tape of him last year leaving an answering machine message for some girl he'd met. Don't know if it was true, but it was pretty pathetic.

Then again, he didn't really make the best impression on me anyway.

It was pretty pathetic. A friend sent that to me. Have no idea if it's legit or not, but it swirled around the 'net for a while and some radio guys nailed him for it pretty hard.

SVp has no credibility as far as his sports opinion goes. Then SEC football, come on. His only source right now is his AU wife/girlfriend...? Let me guess he is led to believe, Bama fans = Dilusional, UGA Fans = rude and mean, LSU Fans = Obnoxious and Mean, UF Fans = Gay and Ugly. He is good on sports center, but its going to be years before I start listening to his opinion on college football and say, "Yeah, SVP, you got a good point there. I think I'll tell my friends what you said."

Back
Top Bottom