| FTBL Scheduling games

With everything agoing...might be right... have miami on schedule for next year...
And election over this year... might be back to regular schedules
I hate that the USC game is gone forever. But at least we played them just a few years ago. The Miami game would be a lot tougher to see slip away, seeing as how Bama-Miami games are ultrarare. We haven't played Miami since the 1992 National Championship and who knows how or even if next year's game could ever be rescheduled. On top of that, we have some awesome home and homes over the next several seasons that we would have to (painfully) give up, should this virus continue to be the plague that it is now for years to come. Texas, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Florida State, Nebraska. We have never played at places like Tallahassee and Morgantown. That's the downside of moving to conference only on a permanent basis. That's why conference only, on the whole, is a bit of a head scratcher. It would seem that if it's safe enough to play 10 games, it would be safe enough to play 12. And by the same token, if 12 is too dangerous, then 10 should be too dangerous as well.

It would seem that if it's safe enough to play 10 games, it would be safe enough to play 12. And by the same token, if 12 is too dangerous, then 10 should be too dangerous as well.
Not sure if there is an official on the record been stared (my have) but I do not think that is the reason behind conference only schedule. It think it takes a group that reports to one conference leadership so it is simpler to align around the same rules and allows that same group of people to make decision on the fly when rescheduling conversations are needed.

Not sure if there is an official on the record been stared (my have) but I do not think that is the reason behind conference only schedule. It think it takes a group that reports to one conference leadership so it is simpler to align around the same rules and allows that same group of people to make decision on the fly when rescheduling conversations are needed.
If Florida's governor happened to be Gretchen Whitmer the SEC wouldn't be the same as it is today. We're fortunate that a lot of the governorship in the SEC has the same ideals.

It would seem that if it's safe enough to play 10 games, it would be safe enough to play 12. And by the same token, if 12 is too dangerous, then 10 should be too dangerous as well.

By playing 10 All-SEC games, the SEC has complete control over whether or not the games are played, and when they're played. They might be able to play 12, but against who? The conference gets a late start on the season and 10 games allows them to end close to the traditional conference championship game date and allows for a bye week. Playing a 12-game all-SEC schedule would be physically demanding.

By playing 10 All-SEC games, the SEC has complete control over whether or not the games are played, and when they're played. They might be able to play 12, but against who? The conference gets a late start on the season and 10 games allows them to end close to the traditional conference championship game date and allows for a bye week. Playing a 12-game all-SEC schedule would be physically demanding.

Really the 9-2-1..is whatwe would like....
9 conference...
2 P-5
1 ....whatever...cheapo to take grankids

9 conference...
2 P-5

With 9 conference games, I would prefer OOC at 1 P5, 1 G5, and 1 FCS. But it looks like hell will freeze over before they go to 9, so realistically the best we can hope for is 2 P5 to go with the 8 conference. 10 P5 anyway you look at it.

9 conference...
2 P-5
With 9 conference games, I would prefer OOC at 1 P5, 1 G5, and 1 FCS. But it looks like hell will freeze over before they go to 9, so realistically the best we can hope for is 2 P5 to go with the 8 conference. 10 P5 anyway you look at it.
The scenario 252 points to here is the only realistic one.

A nine conference game schedule means UA would lose one home game per year. Adding two P5 (unless one was a neutral site game) would mean UA would lose two home games every other year.

With one P5, that away game would/should be scheduled when UA has five at home, four away, in SEC play. It's the most fiscal responsible way.

Bama has already scheduled 2 P5 OOC games in many years out to 2033 with one at home and one away. Fortunately the nine conference game schedule means losing but one home game every other year (4-5 & 5-4) rather than every year. With a 9 conference game schedule, those already scheduled games would mean losing one home game every other year and two home games every other year. Meaning that Bama probably took my take on the 9 game schedule when those OOC games were scheduled. Which, as said above, is that hell will freeze over before that happens.

Just proves....money is the tail that wags the dog....

and regardless of who is the opponent...including themselves....hugh crowds show up...

As far as competition.... been playing 12 games....playing 10 this year....
And our schedule is more competitive this year than its been in .... seems forever...
But...we keep scarfing up the tickets...keep pouring into ttown ....regardless of opponents.....

Back
Top Bottom