| FTBL Saban scolds us … again … and with passion.

In last week's Hey Coach Saban said the same thing he said in this week's episode. As @Brandon Van de Graaff mentioned on page one, some won't hear it this time—they certainly didn't last time.

In last weeks episode the thing people heard and took off with revolved around his comments on hand signals and Golding and the resulting communication errors.

What people didn't hear when Saban was discussing the teams motivation, entitlement, etc, was along the lines of ...

“Arkansas has a good team. They beat Texas A&M that beat us. Maybe that speech about entitlement also applies to fans. I don’t think fans understand how they can impact young people."

Fans understanding how they can impact young people. There's a thought, eh?

He went on to say ...

"It’s constant that we get negative vibes from external factors that interrupt what we’re trying to build."

{External factors: a fan base so accustomed to blaming officials that the starting QB does so as well in media interviews.}

With Ohio State's jump I've read and heard a few comments on how Bama performed against Arkansas. I see what he's saying here as fitting.

In last week's Hey Coach Saban said the same thing he said in this week's episode. As @Brandon Van de Graaff mentioned on page one, some won't hear it this time—they certainly didn't last time.

In last weeks episode the thing people heard and took off with revolved around his comments on hand signals and Golding and the resulting communication errors.

What people didn't hear when Saban was discussing the teams motivation, entitlement, etc, was along the lines of ...

“Arkansas has a good team. They beat Texas A&M that beat us. Maybe that speech about entitlement also applies to fans. I don’t think fans understand how they can impact young people."

Fans understanding how they can impact young people. There's a thought, eh?

He went on to say ...

"It’s constant that we get negative vibes from external factors that interrupt what we’re trying to build."

{External factors: a fan base so accustomed to blaming officials that the starting QB does so as well in media interviews.}

With Ohio State's jump I've read and heard a few comments on how Bama performed against Arkansas. I see what he's saying here as fitting.
Preformed fine.....Arkansas was a tough team and motivated

This just isnt the 2020 team...but then again...no other ever has been either

I'll tell you from personal experience, when you give 110% to make the general public happy and they don't appreciate that effort, it hurts.
IMO, with the level the SEC recruits, every SEC game is a playoff game. Honestly I was very worried about Ark. We could have cleaned up some stuff but if we did, we dominated a very good team. A&M has a good team that would tear up the Big10.
I know most on this board are calm but for any lurkers, if you trust CNS, trust him now. He still has a great chance to reach the great prize. And if he doesn't, I promise he will be more motivated next year to reach it.
Trust the Process! If you abandon ship, you will drown in the media.
Roll Tide!!!

I'll tell you from personal experience, when you give 110% to make the general public happy and they don't appreciate that effort, it hurts.
IMO, with the level the SEC recruits, every SEC game is a playoff game. Honestly I was very worried about Ark. We could have cleaned up some stuff but if we did, we dominated a very good team. A&M has a good team that would tear up the Big10.
I know most on this board are calm but for any lurkers, if you trust CNS, trust him now. He still has a great chance to reach the great prize. And if he doesn't, I promise he will be more motivated next year to reach it.
Trust the Process! If you abandon ship, you will drown in the media.
Roll Tide!!!
Excellently said. Some expect 14-0 every year, but it's just not going to happen. Forever grateful that I've been able to witness multiple championships, led by the 2 greatest coaches ever to roam the sidelines

Excellently said. Some expect 14-0 every year, but it's just not going to happen. Forever grateful that I've been able to witness multiple championships, led by the 2 greatest coaches ever to roam the sidelines
I absolutely agree that I too am forever grateful but it’s impossible to have it both ways. Bama would not be the Bama that’s dominated college football over the long haul if their fans had routinely accepted 6-4 or 8-3 or 10-2 seasons as inevitable. Of course, you’re going to have more of them than the 12-0 or 13-0, or 14-1 seasons. However, without a fan base like Bama’s … one that expects perhaps even demands and then very much appreciates that excellence … we would never have seen so many of the rare ones ending in NC’s.

Bama would not be the Bama that’s dominated college football over the long haul if their fans had routinely accepted 6-4 or 8-3 or 10-2 seasons as inevitable.
This... I think Saban thinks the same way as do the players at Bama. However for whatever reason that has not been enough this year. Saban knows it as do the fans. Could we express it in a little healthier way? Sure and maybe that is where we can start.

Back
Top Bottom