| FTBL Saban on SI...

I

imported_Porter

Link

0827_large.jpg

Obviously, the feature article will be the one that firestorm posted earlier...

http://www.crimsontusks.com/about22342.html

Does anyone think that the media is starting to warm up to Saban?
Don't get me wrong i despise them but seems as though they've put away the daggers for now.

Oh yea , nice to see us get some good press too!

Takes it all in with a grain of salt.

As far as the media warming up to him...don't forget that he was a media darling up until he left Miami. When he won at LSU he was the greatest coach in college ball. When he went into the NFL he was going to be the next big thing and everyone loved him.

I think they will remember why they loved him and why we love him...he is a great coach and a winner. Everyone loves a winner.

kudzu said:
Don't get me wrong i despise them but seems as though they've put away the daggers for now.

There is portion of the media out there, the smarter ones, who understand him and have never had a problem with him. On ESPN, Chris Mortensen is an example of that. Ivan Maisel has been very fair as well. It is a lot of the small potatoes folks (the Neal McCready's), and the more ignorant national guys (like Chris Fowler) who despise him, and will continue to do so. Some of it has to do with the way he treats the media, some of it has to do with leaving Miami for BAMA, and some of it is simply because he is at Alabama.

Porterhouse said:
kudzu said:

There is portion of the media out there, the smarter ones, who understand him and have never had a problem with him. On ESPN, Chris Mortensen is an example of that. Ivan Maisel has been very fair as well. It is a lot of the small potatoes folks (the Neal McCready's), and the more ignorant national guys (like Chris Fowler) who despise him, and will continue to do so. Some of it has to do with the way he treats the media, some of it has to do with leaving Miami for BAMA, and some of it is simply because he is at Alabama.

Good point Porter. I posted this on the other thread, but the reporter who wrote the article is a Pulitzer Prize winner who was born and raised in Alabama. I think that makes it even better.

Denny Chimes said:
Call me superstitious I guess. Last time, it read "Bama's Back!" Things kind of went downhill from there.

Isn't there a jinx associated with being on SI's covers?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/alexander_wolff/news/2002/01/15/wolff_viewpoint/

Just having a little fun here... :)

I figured that is what you meant, but I wondered if it was something else. The jinx is like the Madden jinx I guess, folks have fun with it... but exposure on the cover of SI is always a good thing... just in terms of recruiting alone. Like you though, I hope we are back on the cover with the hardware one day soon as well.

Back
Top Bottom