| FTBL Saban on Pat McAfee show today...

He's not wrong.
If not being wrong entails not telling the story in its entirety?

I have ZERO doubt Orlovsky didn't watch Texas or Alabama play last year. His entire commentary was based on last season.

IF he would have watched Texas last week he would have mentioned how Ewers was 1 of 9 under pressure. He would have mentioned how Texas had seven or eight TFL's along with three sacks. IF he would have watched Texas play Rice.

I've seen no less than a half of a dozen national/regional commentators praise Jalen on the very things Orlovsky chooses to cite because they watched Alabama last week.

But hey, he's an entertainer working for an entertainment network at an entertainment event. He did his job.

It’s sad that somebody is the biggest thing for younger people? I mean it does suck when the “get off my lawn” folks aren’t on tv anymore
FWIW, the show debuted in the old Sportscenter linear slot ... audience was down over 30%. With a career built through Fanduel—based through social media sites like YT, Snap, Insta, etc.—ESPN didn't push his linear show. I get it: they didn't want to lose the other audience(s)

However. While PMS is doing well in those social platforms, we're also talking about an addition to a show sponsored by Home Depot. I can't see how they didn't see the disconnect between the demographic he brings and the demographic that shops HD.

The GameDay producer certainly has checked all the diversity boxes all the way down to the old white guy. Hell, his first crush wasn't on Molly Ringwald in spite of his desire to make the show resemble The Breakfast Club.

Watched a little “gameday” earlier. I’m not a mcafee fan at all, but he was pretty good I thought. I only watched about 15-20 mins, and he could’ve gotten worse as it went.

The same Saban that is dedicated to his family and his profession that make him the greatest ever. If you think Pat McAfee is a better role model than Saban there is nothing I can say to help your mind. Who has earned more respect in the world? Wonder if Pat will ever get invited to play golf at Augusta, own a Ferrari dealership, mentor young boys and turn them into men, make many men generational wealthy and pull their families from the gutter, revive careers of grown men needing to learn from mistakes to succeed, build homes for the poor, revive a town after a catastrophic event, bring hundreds of million in value to higher education, and support locsl small business in towns he coaches? Yeah, gimme the guy that "jumped a woman asking him a question". You're probably a Tiger fan, so the cussing heard on a far microphone shouldn't bother you. Sticks and stones...
All of what you said about Saban is great and respectful, but to say Saban is more dedicated to his family than McAfee without even knowing anything about PM? Pat just became a first time Dad over the summer and he chose to move his show over to ESPN, so he had more time at home with his family.

Is Saban a role model? No. Is Pat McAfee? No. I don’t look to sports and media figures to be role models, but all of those things Saban has and has done Lebron has done a ton of those same things, but I’ll bet you’d say you don’t like him and he’s not a role model.

As for Tiger, he’s done a lot for charity and he’s the greatest ever, but he’s not a role model.

Again this seems like a lot of “get off my lawn”

All of what you said about Saban is great and respectful, but to say Saban is more dedicated to his family than McAfee without even knowing anything about PM? Pat just became a first time Dad over the summer and he chose to move his show over to ESPN, so he had more time at home with his family.

Is Saban a role model? No. Is Pat McAfee? No. I don’t look to sports and media figures to be role models, but all of those things Saban has and has done Lebron has done a ton of those same things, but I’ll bet you’d say you don’t like him and he’s not a role model.

As for Tiger, he’s done a lot for charity and he’s the greatest ever, but he’s not a role model.

Again this seems like a lot of “get off my lawn”

Ha ha, this isn't even a discussion because you're so off base. You can have McAfee all you want. Gimme Saban.

You don’t even make sense. Nothing of what you said has to do with ANYTHING I’ve said.

Nowhere did I say anything about role models.

Younger people aren’t watching McAfee because he’s their damn role model

Yeah they are. They aren't watching him because he isn't. People watch people closely because they want to be like them and he entertains them and people take on that persona. It's sociology and psychology wrapped together. They don't watch people they don't like.

You have issues with anyone not being accepting of just about everything. So now you're saying I'm not making sense when I just told you Saban is a better leader and role model than Pat McAfee with may more evidence than you've care to refute outside of "he cusses" and told a woman in a halftime interview to "quit askin" . Quit trying to come across like you're somehow making a "get off my lawn" point and accept the fact McAfee is dumbing down society with his "act". Went to ESPN to spend more time as a father? How's he doing that on the road every weekend and with all the prep work associated with Gameday???

You're supposed to have character, not be one.

It is possible to be entertained by someone and not consider them a role model.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom