| FTBL Saban and Alabama featured on Forbes Magazine?

TerryP

Staff
I've had a few phone calls this afternoon asking if I had heard anything about it...and I haven't until today. But, as I surf around it does seem that it very well may have some legs.

I can't say if this has ever happened to a college football program or not, I KNOW it hasn't happened to a SEC program.

I'm sure Urban is on the phone, or will be, claiming unfair recruiting advantage. Tubs won't, his recruits don't know what Forbes is in the first place.

I'm glad they pointed this out... something many talking heads had no clue of, or either chose to ignore, when bashing Saban for "passing on Brees" after leaving the Dolphins...

In his second year with the Dolphins the team brought in two free-agent quarterbacks, Drew Brees and Dante Culpepper, both of whom were coming off injuries. Saban wanted Brees. The Dolphins medical staff cleared only Culpepper. Brees went on to win 11 games that year with the New Orleans Saints. Culpepper played only 4 games before succumbing to an injury. Saban compiled a two-year record of 15--17 with the Dolphins.

weezyfbaby00 said:
Can you get Forbes in your regular retail store because I want this cover?

Any bookstore will have it. Most retail stores should as well. Forbes is a big-time publication.

medium_saban081308.jpg

Incredible news, eat your heart out Bill Gates.

Not only do we have the head coach with football smarts, but he knows his business and how to market our University. I honestly don't know a Football coach with Coach Saban's mentality. I'll be picking up a copy of this on September 1st.

bamabass23 said:
Is it just me or does the pictures of Saban look a little.....weird?

It does look a little wierd. Maybe because Saban is smiling? They say he is "The Most Powerful Coach in SPORTS" in all of SPORTS! Thats a lot of coaches. Tell me that's not a HUGE recruiting tool. This magazine will be going on my mantle.

That is a great article, although I don't know how many high school players are reading Forbes these days. :lol: All kidding asside, nothing bad can come from this and what an ego boost for Saban and Bama!!!

bamascw said:
That is a great article, although I don't know how many high school players are reading Forbes these days. :lol: All kidding asside, nothing bad can come from this and what an ego boost for Saban and Bama!!!

I'm sure the recruiting staff will be circulating the issue into locker rooms across the Southeast :lol:

Tider27 said:
Incredible news, eat your heart out Bill Gates.

Not only do we have the head coach with football smarts, but he knows his business and how to market our University. I honestly don't know a Football coach with Coach Saban's mentality. I'll be picking up a copy of this on September 1st.

You don't have to wait until Sept. 1st. It hits newsstands tomorrow.

ghice said:
bamascw said:

I'm sure the recruiting staff will be circulating the issue into locker rooms across the Southeast :lol:

This is not targeted towards the kids. How many parents are going to read this. And how many doctors offices will have this in the waiting room. Its going to be huge. Parents from all across the nation will want to send there kid to bama! Let em come!

Back
Top Bottom