| CURRENT EVENTS Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Passed

She was tough as nails too. This election is about to get wild.

Also want to say this, I follow a lot of conservatives and liberals on social media. The liberals are hurting which is certainly understandable. But nearly every single (well known) conservative I follow has been more than respectful, offering prayers, and talking about the respect they had for RBG. It's a night and day difference from the way the liberals I follow act when someone like Antonin Scalia passes away.

May she RIP.

The Senate will somehow find a way to get off their asses to do something. I'll be mixed on this if they shove this through quickly prior to the election. Many were on record in 2016 with opposite views on how a replacement should be handled, and they are doing an about face on that now.

Republicans already in a dog fight for majority in the Senate. Montana being one of the state s that may flip due to Gov Bullock running. Talk about conflict of interest he's in right now...

The Senate will somehow find a way to get off their asses to do something. I'll be mixed on this if they shove this through quickly prior to the election. Many were on record in 2016 with opposite views on how a replacement should be handled, and they are doing an about face on that now.
You're right about many opposing the quick appointment in 2016 but that was an appointment for a "lame duck" POTUS. That separates the two in my mind.
She was tough as nails too. This election is about to get wild.
Don't ya love, "let's burn it down." Always gracious in defeat (and before the game is actually played.)

Also want to say this, I follow a lot of conservatives and liberals on social media. The liberals are hurting which is certainly understandable. But nearly every single (well known) conservative I follow has been more than respectful, offering prayers, and talking about the respect they had for RBG. It's a night and day difference from the way the liberals I follow act when someone like Antonin Scalia passes away.
Here's one thing that fascinates me.

I've seen several say "if this happens we're going to vote to expand the SCOTUS." Okay. If Trump wins and he also nominates his "person," they are going to vote to expand the court which will be filled by Trump nominees?

Back
Top Bottom