| FTBL Rushing the field

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
The 2010 loss to LSU was the last time that a team’s fans did NOT rush the field after a win over us at their place. Every regular season road loss we have had since then has resulted in their fans storming the field

2013 auburn
2014 Ole Miss
2017 auburn
2019 auburn
2021 aTm
2022 Tennessee

Has one program ever generated this much field rushing by so many opposing fan bases? LOL

Yea, not the best look for a top 10 team to rush the field after a win, but it's hard to blame them when it's been 15 years since they bested us. Honestly if we had kicked that FG and kicked off I don't think they would've had enough time or room to drive far enough. Even if they go 45 yards, that kick would've been 7 yards further and would've landed short. I mean literally the stars aligned for that one.

Yea, not the best look for a top 10 team to rush the field after a win, but it's hard to blame them when it's been 15 years since they bested us. Honestly if we had kicked that FG and kicked off I don't think they would've had enough time or room to drive far enough. Even if they go 45 yards, that kick would've been 7 yards further and would've landed short. I mean literally the stars aligned for that one.
Like I told my son, 15 years of hate poured out today. And they only won by 3. But they deserved to storm the field for it.

Zero issues with them storming the field. As long as no players are harrassed, they earned it. Their fans stuck with them when it was terrible and most can't even recall the last time they beat us. This is college football at its finest to me, even though I freaking hate the result, I have no issue with their actions as long as someone didn't get irresponsible with a player or a kid didn't get hurt.

Zero issues with them storming the field. As long as no players are harrassed, they earned it. Their fans stuck with them when it was terrible and most can't even recall the last time they beat us. This is college football at its finest to me, even though I freaking hate the result, I have no issue with their actions as long as someone didn't get irresponsible with a player or a kid didn't get hurt.
Oh you just know that happened.

Going back and looking at bama losses...
How many ...where "the stars align "
...answer.....most. Only Clemson loss ....bama got taken to wood shed...
Rest...there is a play..or 2( lot of missed field goals in there)

Pretty soon, fans of opposing teams won't storm.rhe field anymore when they beat us. That's when we will know that the ride is over
Maybe this round. I personally do not think it is done under the CNS era. Heck I do not think it is done this year. With that said Bama has been Bama for decades. We did not just start playing football when CNS came to Tuscaloose and we will not forget how to play when he is gone. Of course there will be some up and down times but football is important to Alabama so we will always return. Hopefull we are not done in this era and the downturn before the next one will be short lived.

Pretty soon, fans of opposing teams won't storm.rhe field anymore when they beat us. That's when we will know that the ride is over
Define “pretty soon” & we’ll see if you are correct or not.
It’s easy to speak in general terms. Also easy to predict “sky is falling or all is well”.
Give me some definite timeframes & we’ll see if you are correct or wrong

Pretty soon, fans of opposing teams won't storm.rhe field anymore when they beat us. That's when we will know that the ride is
Define “pretty soon” & we’ll see if you are correct or not.
It’s easy to speak in general terms. Also easy to predict “sky is falling or all is well”.
Give me some definite timeframes & we’ll see if you are correct or wrong
I just feel like we peeked in 2020. Which is understandable. How do you top that team? I think that that team was the end of the juggernaut teams we've been accustomed to. The league is catching up and I think that once we lose a couple of more on the road, the home team's fans storming the field won't be a thing anymore because us losing won't stand out as much. Not saying we will lose all the time or anything.. But a little more often than we've seen. Ray Perkins said after The Bear died that Alabama fans would have to get used to 9-3 kind of seasons. Of course, that ticked off the fan base, but, looking back, I completely understand what he meant

Back
Top Bottom