| FTBL Running Backs , What are you excited about this season?. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Not sure if excited but I am interested in seeing how our defense as a unit performs post CNS. Tackling was poor in the spring game at least the first half. Expect that to clean up but in the end I want the D to dominate teams again. Yeah I know the game has changed.

I can't be excited about one position group only. I want to see all play in unison and stomp some mud holes. I am hoping and
believing that CKD and his staff will have us prepared to play BAMA ball the way we have gotten used to. ROLL TIDE

It'l be a top 20 defense. Probably higher.
Thinking our sack numbers go up a bunch! We may see an interior DL lead the team if not be 2nd or 3rd on the team due to blitz packages and miscommunication from opposing OL because of where Wommack likes to send his guys.
@mando I think the missed tackles in Spring can be contributed to the Spring schedule ( 2-3 days in shells, week of for Spring Break, then some full pad practices, and maybe more “thud” practices to limit injuries). Being on a regimented practice schedule weekly in preparation for their scrimmages and then games leads to better technique.

It'l be a top 20 defense. Probably higher.
I heard concern being expressed on Marvin Constant’s podcast about how well the 4-2-5 holds up against the Ace or 22 personnel from a physical running team. I know Saban was a believer in putting 3 big dudes between the OTs against the 2-TE formations from physical offenses. I’m a little concerned about reducing it down to 2.

I think the missed tackles in Spring can be contributed to the Spring schedule ( 2-3 days in shells, week of for Spring Break, then some full pad practices, and maybe more “thud” practices to limit injuries). Being on a regimented practice schedule weekly in preparation for their scrimmages and then games leads to better technique.
Not having a few starters, in the middle, for the spring game ...

I can't think of a team that runs the 22.
I thought 22 personnel meant 2 TE, 2 RB. Am I wrong?

Regardless my general point is the 4-2-5 reduces the number of big DL trying to control the gaps between the OTs from Saban’s “regular” 3-4. I remember when Urban and UF came to Tuscaloosa in 2010, he used 5 DL instead of his usual 4 to try to limit Mark and Trent, to much success I might add. Might we do something similar, where we selectively use 5 DL against particular offenses?

Back
Top Bottom