| FTBL Rumor out of FSU: DB Brownlee sat out spring camp until he gets his NIL. (UPDATE: Entered the Portal.)

Max

His mother had a rant on their FB page but has since deleted it because of the backlash. I see Josh Newberg is also hinting at the developing story.

If I were Florida State I'd rescind his scholarship since he's refusing to practice.
Here's the tricky part with the NIL. What if that was setup by FSU? Florida has a group within their athletic department setting up things like this for players. FSU may have the same.

I think UF's is INFLCR or something close to that.

Here's the tricky part with the NIL. What if that was setup by FSU? Florida has a group within their athletic department setting up things like this for players. FSU may have the same.

I think UF's is INFLCR or something close to that.

Yeah, definitely tricky. Has to be accountability on both sides with these things. I bring the NCAA into this because they allowed this to happen with very little procedure put in place. I don't even want to get into oversight of it all. The sad thing is that now that kids understand they can hold out, they will. Pretty much like bowl games. The realized they could do it without penalty, so they do it. It'll be the same here. Jimbo better hope he's running a tight NIL ship.

Lets see...about the thing we call progress....
...1....players sitting out bowl games...so much for being a good teammate
...2...now a player thinks he is entited to NILs....And will sit out spring practice until he is rewarded
...3..some players just quit team....cause they dont get to play.or coach hurts their feelings. Wa-wa
...4...others arent gonna play their senior year of HS..so they can work on getting ready for college ball...and a good NIL

And I thought it was a privilege to play athetics!

Creating some really great citizens are we?

Lets see...about the thing we call progress....
...1....players sitting out bowl games...so much for being a good teammate
...2...now a player thinks he is entited to NILs....And will sit out spring practice until he is rewarded
...3..some players just quit team....cause they dont get to play.or coach hurts their feelings. Wa-wa
...4...others arent gonna play their senior year of HS..so they can work on getting ready for college ball...and a good NIL

And I thought it was a privilege to play athetics!

Creating some really great citizens are we?
Cowboy it is going to get a hell of lot worse going forward and Alabama will not be spared either. The recruiting pool in the years ahead will simply be unmanageable.

I've read in a few places that there were conditions attached to his NIL deal and he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain. I've not seen anyone dispute that story (albeit, I also haven't done a lot of searching on this story.) I'm fairly sure the story was "broken" on a 'Noles specific podcast through Ingram Smith.

Regardless, Brownlee has entered the portal. He's visiting Louisville this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom