| BSB/SB Roster updates as Vaughn rebuilds the Alabama baseball team

Just my opinion, but from my coaching experiences, baseball and other sports are different from football and there just isn’t that level of “hate/rivalry” like football has. So many of these guys have been playing ball together/against one another for so long, camped together etc, they have instead built friendships. Football has similar circumstances, but we are teaching them to be violent between the lines. We ( the fans ) were raised differently and built those allegiances at an early age. Today’s kids are more of a passing “fan” of a school because they have seen them win.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Holman hadn’t played with a lot of the LSwho roster at some time or another along his baseball career leading to this point. Throw in NIL and we have already said before, the Corndogs are A LOT more deeply vested into their baseball program than what BAMA is when it comes to NIL money.

I played baseball into college and absolutely hated our rivals. In high school especially. I may be different than some, but when I played I hated the other teams, especially my rivals. I wasn't an ass to them, but I wanted to kick their tails any time we stepped on the field together. And that's including friends I played with since I was 5.

I played baseball into college and absolutely hated our rivals. In high school especially. I may be different than some, but when I played I hated the other teams, especially my rivals. I wasn't an ass to them, but I wanted to kick their tails any time we stepped on the field together. And that's including friends I played with since I was 5.
I too wanted to beat my rivals as much if not more than those teams that determined whether we went to state or not. I think the explosion of “travel ball”, it wasn’t a thing when I played nor had it started when I began coaching, has diminished a lot of these kids’ feelings about opponents. I believe the hate/strong dislike for a rival is held by us older people/fans.

Back
Top Bottom