| FTBL Rollouts, screens, and sweeps, Oh My!

Porterhouse said:
Tider 27 said:
How could you hire a guy that coach so poorly here. :shock:

What about our shotgun formations, how many and what are we lookin at Pooter?

I think there is a lot of stuff being installed, how much of it we will see and how often we will see it, I don't know. We will see a lot of power running, dump passes to the RB's, and stretch he field stuff. It will be fun the watch the offense kind of unfold in the first 5 games or so.

As far as Connelly, I have no clue how he landed that job, and I'm not trying to be funny. It is mind-boggling. He has a good (and well deserved) reputation as a recruiter, and I would assume both Shula and Price put in a good word for him... but I just don't see how anyone could watch film of his BAMA coached O-Line without wanting to have the guy euthanized, much less hire him on their staff. Absolutely mind-boggling.

FWIW, the offense that UCLA runs very well may fit with Con's scheme. With the experience the Bruins have returning on O, they may do OK the first year or so. After that...

And, on a different FWIW, while Con did get the kids to campus, more of the credit of where they signed fell in the laps of other coaches like Woods and Randolph. They were the closers.

Back
Top Bottom